Chapter 13: Start of the Second Year of Hogwarts ( Short )

Mera walked into the Great Hall, as she had returned to Hogwarts for her second year with the now teenager Winter-Star following closely behind her. Mera was still wearing the friendship bracelet and the Slytherin choker, and Winter-Star was now wearing a cute dark green color with a snake head name tag with her name on it. Mera wasn't wearing the gray hoodie, but she was still wearing the lesbian badge on her uniform. Mera calmly took a seat at the Slytherin table in between Rowan and Merula, Winter-Star then calmly hopped on Mera's lap.

Rowan: Mera! How were your summer holidays?

Mera: ( blankly and honestly: ) Quiet and uneventful, like most of the time at home, but taking care of Winter-Star made it slightly more eventful.

Merula: And she's no longer tiny.

Mera: ( blankly: ) Yep, she's now a teenager, but she mostly follows me around and sleeps nowadays.

Rowan: I read everything I could find relating to the secret message we found in that room.

Merula: The Ice Knight stands guard past the vanished stairs.

Rowan: Exactly. I didn't find anything about Ice Knights, but I found descriptions of staircases in Hogwarts that no longer seem to exist.

Merula: That's good, Rowan. Those Vanished stairs could lead to a Cursed Vault.

Mera: ( blankly and seriously: ) Which the Mera will be staying far away from. She's very much trying to avoid being seen like my brother.

Merula: I have a feeling you would say that, so I thought up something that you might not like.. I already told Rowan about it before you came here.

Rowan: We promise to make it up to you.

Mera raised a brow at them.

Merula: I thought it might be a good idea for us to have more help with-

Mera: Nope. My limit of people I socialize with is three, plus some creatures. 

Merula:  Don't worry, I'm sure you won't have to socialize with them too much, especially one of them..

Mera: ( silently and blankly: ) Why are you making me socialize...?

Rowan: Because it might be good for you. And we could use more help in the future. There are a hundred and forty two known staircases in this castle. It will take a long time to search everywhere.

Mera mentally groaned at the idea of having to socialize with more people, but she knew that Rowan and Merula might be right.

Rowan: Maybe we can have Ben and Penny help us search as well, so it will go faster. We could go in teams of two.

Merula: But, there would be seven of us.

Rowan: I was counting Winter-Star as part of the team as well.

Mera: ( blankly: ) You'll have to find them after Professor Dumbledore's welcome speech.

Everyone then became quiet as Professor Dumbledore began his welcome speech.

Professor Dumbledore: Welcome to our new first-year students! For all you returning students, welcome back! Focus on your studies, make time for your friends, but above all else, be careful as you journey about the castle. If you see anything odd that isn't the normal Hogwarts sort of oddity, do not hesitate to tell a professor.

Merula then jokingly looked at Mera.

Mera: ( whispers to Merula, blankly: ) Look away, Snyde.

Professor Dumbledore: Every year is an interesting one at Hogwarts, but something tells me this year holds more surprises than most. Enough of my grand proclamations, and ominous warnings. Please enjoy the feast.

While Rowan and Merula were going to find Penny and Ben to ask them for help with searching for the vanished stairs, Mera was reading a book with a dark blue cover called " Two Lunas ". Winter-Star then gently bat her paw at the book, wanting Mera's attention. Mera chuckled before she gave Winter-Star some head pets.

( With Rowan and Merula, after talking to Penny and asking around if anyone has seen Ben )

Rowan: Do you think we should tell Mera about Ben being missing, Merula?

Merula: Yes, but not yet. We don't fully know how she'll react, I mean do you remember how she reacted when she saw me threatening him last year?

Rowan: Yeah... But, she might end up finding out on her own...

Merula: Not if we distract her for awhile. Until we find him, let's not tell Spelling.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

What do you think Mera's reaction to meeting two new people and Ben being missing might be? What do you think about the trio's plan on how to find the vanished stairs?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜