Chapter 6: Investigating

Mera, Rowan, and Merula were discussing what Merula heard from Snape and Filch, as Mera ate an apple due to Rowan not wanting Mera leaving the Great Hall until she ate something. Merula was sitting next to Mera while Rowan was sitting across from her.

Rowan: Ice and vaults... Mera, do you think this has something to do with your brother?- Oops, sorry, I forgot we don't talk about him in your presence...

Mera: It's alright, sadly, I think it does.

Merula: They also said something about Mera having something powerful about her, more powerful than most witches and wizards, except for me of course. But, of course they must be mistaken, because as ( says it slightly louder so people could hear: ) Mera has stated many times before, she's just an average girl.

Rowan: I don't understand, and I pride myself with understanding things...

Mera: It's probably nothing. I do believe Merula and I need to investigate the Upstairs Corridor...

Rowan: You mean all three of us, have to investigate the Upstairs Corridor.

Merula: ( to Rowan: ) It won't be necessary for you to come, you'll only be slowing me down.

Rowan: ( to Merula: ) There's no way I'm leaving Mera with you. ( To Mera and Merula: ) Let's head there tonight after everyone is asleep.

Mera: If that's the case, make sure to wake me up when it's time.

( Slight time skip, at night )

Rowan and Merula sneak to Mera's dorm room door, Rowan gently knocks on Mera's door, no answer. Merula then knocked on the door, a bit more harshly. Rowan and Merula then opened Mera's door slightly and saw that Mera was fast asleep on her bed... with her arms crossed across her chest like she was in a coffin and she still has some of her in a small ponytail.

Rowan: Oh my goodness! Mera's dead!-

Merula: Shush! She's not dead, she's asleep.... I think. Does she sleep with the ponytail still on- Not important. We need to wake her up.

Rowan went to wake Mera, but Mera suddenly opened her eyes and sat up with a blank expression.

Merula: Is she always like this?

Rowan: ( she makes the " kinda " hand gesture with a nervous smile )

Mera: ( blankly: ) Are we going or can I lay back down, I was having a pleasant dream about me not existing.

Merula and Rowan both went speechless by what Mera said, Rowan was slightly concerned.

Merula: No. It's time to go, so get up.

( Slight time skip, to the Upstairs Corridor )

Mera and Rowan followed Merula to where she saw Snape and Filch talking.

Merula: ( to Mera and Rowan: ) This is where Snape and Filch were talking...

Mera: ( blankly: ) It's dark and quiet.... Remind me to come back to read after this.

Rowan: I'm starting to have second thoughts, guys. If Snape told Filch to stay on guard, he'll be back soon. The stories I've heard about how he punishes misbehaving students make Snape look like a pleasant Hufflepuff.