Chapter 21: Cursed Vault

The group walked to the top of the stairs, Barnaby was now carrying Aziz, who had shrunken slightly to the size of a German shepherd, on his back.

Barnaby: ( is breathing heavily, to do how heavy Aziz is ) Why do I need to carry your fox, Mera? How did he even find us?

Mera: ( blankly and honestly: ) I didn't ask you to carry him, you decided to carry Aziz yourself, and as to how he found us. He has his ways...

Barnaby: ( puts Aziz down ) He's a lot heavier than he looks.

Aziz then growled at the corridor the group had walked into.

Merula: This place is absolutely amazing...

Mera: It's dark and cold, sorta like my room back home.

Rowan: Y-Yeah, it's unnaturally cold. It feels like it's already starting to slow down my body and mind...

Mera: ( a bit jokingly: ) Well, with that said, I think we found what my soul looks like.

Ismelda: ( laughs ) ( to Mera: ) I think we will be getting along just fine, Spelling.

Merula: This must lead to one of the cursed vaults. Let's hurry, and see what we can find.

Rowan: And come back later with a warm coat.

Aziz stays close to Mera protectively as the group started investigating the corridor. Mera quickly saw that there were footprints on the ground, leading to the end of the corridor, which had a wall of thick mist blocking something. Aziz growled at the most wall while staying protectively beside Mera.

Mera: Merula, I do believe I have found something, footprints that lead to a wall of mist.

Merula: We must've not been the only ones that have gone in here.

Rowan: Who? How? When?

Barnaby: Mera's fox does not like that mist wall.

Ismelda: There must be something behind it that the fox doesn't like.

The group goes in front of the mist wall, Aziz staying in front of Mera and continued growling at the wall.

Rowan: It's freezing... I don't know if we can walk through this, guys.

Merula: We don't have to..

Merula then pulls out her wand with a serious expression.

Merula: Flipendo!

The mist wall then disappears when Merula cast Flipendo on it, and the group looked at the room of ice in shock.

Merula: Wow.... Mera, don't you even think about making a pun or I will leave you in a cursed vault.

Mera: Now, Merula, that's just " cold ".

Merula groaned, the group then walked in the ice room, Aziz staying protectively close to Mera.

Rowan: It's incredible...

They walked to the ice door, and looked at it with curiosity, Mera was silently observing very detail on the door.

Merula: It must be a cursed vault.

Barnaby: It definitely looks like something that could be one...I think.

Rowan: What should we do?

Merula: I don't care about any curses, we need to find those vaults.

Mera: Merula, Wait-

Merula then touched the door, which caused a blast of magic try to attack the four, hitting Ismelda and knocking her unconscious.

Merula: What the?!

Rowan: It must be enchanted!

Mera: Duck!

Barnaby: Duck?

Another blast is fired and it hits Barnaby, knocking him unconscious.

Mera: Goodness gracious, please tell me that he didn't think that there was an actual duck in here.

Another blast was about to fire, and Rowan looked at Merula and Mera.

Rowan: Mery, watch out!

The blast hits Rowan and knocks her unconscious.

Mera: Rowan!

Merula: We have to get them out of here!

Merula's fox then suddenly appears and pushed Merula out of the way as another blast was about to hit her.

Merula: ( to her fox: ) Thanks.

Mera: Quickly, let's put them on your fox's back so we can carry them out of here.

Merula and Mera then quickly put Barnaby, Ismelda, and Rowan on the back of Merula's fox. They quickly got out of the area, Aziz staying close behind them, and they took them to the hospital wing.

( Slight time skip )

Mera was sitting at Rowan's side at the Hospital Wing as Rowan, Barnaby, and Ismelda were put into comas. Aziz whines as he and Mera wait for the three to wake up.

Mera: ( sighs ) I should've not revealed that stupid staircase...this is all my fault...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜