Chapter 11: First Christmas Part 2

It was now Christmas eve, and Mera was studying at the Great Hall by herself, with Winter-Star napping on her lap. When Merula went to her, looking panicked.

Merula: Mera! Rowan needs help! Quick!

Mera quickly picked Winter-Star up and followed Merula outside to the Training grounds with a worried expression, but when she got to the training grounds... she got hit in the shoulder by a snowball, confusing her as she saw that Rowan was fine and was the one that threw the snowball. Merula laughed at the confused look on Mera's face. Winter-Star then jumped out of Mera's arms, ran towards Merula, before she started climbing up to Merula purring.

Merula: ( to Winter-Star, confused: ) Hey! What are you doing?! Get off!

Mera: What the- What is this, Rowan? I thought you were in danger. Why did you throw snow at me?

Rowan: It's called a snowball fight. And sorry about making you think I was in danger, we didn't know any other way to get you away from studying on Christmas eve. Now, come on! Grab some snow, make it into a ball, and throw it!

Merula: ( now has Winter-Star on her shoulder, nuzzling into her hair ) And tell your kneazle to get off me.

Rowan stiffened a laugh as she saw that the kneazle kitten had just climbed onto Merula's shoulder to nuzzle into the violet eyed brunette's hair. Mera was slightly confused, but she decided to go along with her friends' childish and, to her, strange game, she picked up some snow and made it into a ball before she weakly tossed it with a blank expression.

Mera: ( sarcastically: ) Oh, that was loads of fun...

Merula: Oh, come on, actually throw it, you dolt-

Merula then was suddenly hit in the face by a snowball, which was thrown by Mera. Rowan was struggling to contain her laughter while Mera now had both hands on her hips.

Mera: ( blankly: ) Good enough for you, Snyde?

Merula wiped the snow off her face, and Winter-Star accidentally fell off her shoulder as she did this and landed on the snow on her feet.

Merula: ( to Mera: ) You throw like a little kid, Spelling.

Merula then made a snowball and tried to throw it at Mera, but Mera stepped out of the way before the snowball could hit her.

Mera: ( to Merula, with a smirk: ) Oh, really? Says the witch that missed.

Winter-Star started happily jumping in the snow and Rowan watched as Merula and Mera started throwing snowballs at each other.

Rowan: ( whispers, happily: ) I wasn't expecting this, but I'm just so happy Mera is having fun.

( Slight time skip, after a few activities Merula and Rowan had Mera do. )

The three girls and the kneazle kitten were now back in the Great Hall and were sitting by the fireplace, Rowan handed Mera and Merula a cup of hot chocolate, Mera looked at her's in confusion. Winter-Star was sitting in between Mera and Merula, purring.

Mera: What's this?

Rowan: It's hot chocolate! It'll warm you up, but be careful it's really hot.