Bᵣₑₐₖ ᴀɢᴏɴɪᴢɪɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

1

Weeks had passed since the incident at Patrick's house, Henry has been giving you the cold shoulder.

You thought it was childish. You were
Going to turn sixteen tomorrow. Yet Henry was still 'protective' over you. You thought he just didn't want you stealing his friends. It was still childish.

You sat on your bed waiting for Conner to get ready to go to the arcade. Your dad made Henry bring you out to the arcade so you weren't alone. Although you felt more alone then ever.

Conner finally walked out of the washroom, "Told Patrick not to show up" Henry told Belch and Victor. But you heard him and scoffed.

You all left the house and got in the car, you had to sit in the middle like usual. You felt slightly uncomfortable being around Henry and his friends after they didn't talk to you for weeks.

Conner was leaving In two days. You decided to ignore Henry's rude remarks and try to enjoy your time with Conner. "You excited for your birthday?" Conner asked you "Can't wait for stolen donuts" You joked. Conner laughed, Conner wrapped a arm around your shoulder to stabilize you.

"Just in case I don't see you tomorrow, happy birthday" Belch mumbled. You heard him loud and clear, he didn't want Henry to hear. You mouthed a thank you to him.

After a bit they arrived at the arcade. You waited for everyone else to get out, Victor held your hand as you jumped out of the car.

You and Conner walked into the arcade behind Henry and his friends, Belch bought you and Conner some coins. While Belch was doing that Henry cornered you "If you leave I'll snap your legs so you can't go anywhere" Henry intimidated you. He smirked as you nodded your head.

He walked away to the back room with his friends. You leaned against the arcade Conner was playing, "Come play idiot" Conner chucked, he put coins into the machine.

You walked over beside him, you started to press the buttons cluelessly. Conner was clearly going to win, after a few more moments the game announced Conner being the winner.

You clapped your hands together jokingly as Conner laughed "That wasn't bad for your first time" Conner admitted.

"I don't play arcade games" You shrugged. You watched as Conner played the games, you never saw a kid look so happy to click buttons. You always cheered him on when he won.

Suddenly Richie Tozier walked into the arcade, Richie already somehow had coins in his hand. Richie noticed you, he walked over to the game Conner was playing. "Wanna play" Richie asked shyly.

Conner just added the coins into the machine, you watched as Richie kept side eyeing Conner. Richie ended up winning "You're fucking good" Conner admitted. You noticed how happy Conner seemed, finally not having to be around a asshole.

Conner stuck his hand out and Richie skinned it. Conner realized he didn't have any coins left so he made up a lie "Ah well. I have to go" Conner stated.

You stood up straight you and Conner were about to walk away but Richie started speaking again "Hey uh... how about we go again" Richie picked up a coin from his bucket. Conner paused, "Play some more you know. Only if you want to" Richie offered politely. Conner was about to agree but Henry was coming out of the back room.