bad hair day - ghost

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I picked the scissors up and started cutting.

I had cut my own hair before but never like this. Long strands of hair fell in the sink and to the floor. I thinned out the edges and when I finished I stared at myself. A drastic change, but a needed one.

Just above my shoulders. Short. No one would be able to use my hair against me now.

I sighed and cleaned up my mess. I made my way back to my room. Shit. I did a number on this place. I began to clean up my other mess and when I finally finished I realized it was time for dinner.

I left my room and walked to the mess hall. A few recruits watched me, observing my new haircut. I walked through the doorway and grabbed my meal before taking it to where my team was.

"Woah." Soap said. "I like the new look."

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Looks like a professional did it. Did you do it yourself?" He continued.

"Yeah."

"Mind doing my hair sometime?" He asked me.

I looked up at him and blinked. His hair had grown out a bit. The shaved parts of his Mohawk were no longer finely shaved. I looked at Gaz and Price as well. Their hair had grown out as well and they were looking a bit disheveled.

"You all could do with a bit of a refresher." I mumbled. "Price, I think the mustache needs a bit of a clean up."

He shot me a look that said 'if you fuck this up you'll be dealing with the new recruits for the next month.' 

"We do have a couple days until we move." Price said.

—- —- —-

Price was first. I his hair was easy but it was the mustache that gave me anxiety. I was careful to not fuck it up and when I finished he gave me a nod of approval.

Soap practically skipped inside the bathroom. He sat in the chair and I turned on the clippers. I shaved the outgrown hair as he chatted away. When I finished shaving the sides I brought out the scissors and trimmed the actual hairdo.

He thanked me profusely and said that he'd be happy to cut my hair sometime.

"Absolutely not Soap. Don't come near me with scissors. Ever."

"Alright. Your loss. I bet I'm pretty good at styling hair." He grinned before walking out.

Gaz walked in and he looked a bit nervous. He handed me some hair products that he liked and as I worked he led me through the entire process.

He was very particular with his hair care routine. I knew he had an intense skin care routine, so I expected nothing less for his hair.

He walked me through how to put proper braids in his hair. When I finished he carefully examined the look in the mirror. I waited anxiously for him to tell me it looked like shit.

"Not bad for your first time. Actually, lot better than my sister does and she's been doing it since I was a kid." He smiled at me. I let out a breath I had been holding in.

"I'll work on it. Practice so it gets better if you want me to do it again. Maybe you teach me how to do some other hairdos too?"

"Yeah of course. No one I'd trust besides myself to do my hair." He chuckled. I smiled and sent him on his way.

I started to clean up the mess of hair that littered the floor. I hummed as I cleaned.

"Fuck!" I jumped when I turned around to see Ghost standing in the doorway.