50 ~ PROM Pt. 2

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

" That was the worst half hour of my life." Charlotte breathes out as she walks up to us in line. I turn to Ace who was watching her, like he wanted to know what happened to make the drive so bad.

"What happened?" I ask worriedly, turning away from Ace as I look back at Charlotte. I was hoping he didn't speed with her in the car.

I can't help but get distracted when Caden walks towards the staff area and none of them bother to say anything as he walks through, cutting past everyone in line and getting into the venue.

He probably didn't have a ticket, it's not like they would ask him for one anyways if his family owned the school.

" Well, I was trying to make some small talk with him so it wasn't so silent in the car." She starts, letting out a sigh.

" And then as soon as I started talking he turned on the radio to full volume." She says, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Ace's snort causes us both to turn our heads towards him as we get closer to the front of the line. " What's so funny lemon head?" She scowls, looking like she was on the brink of strangling him.

I was trying to hold in my laugh at them arguing like an old married couple, but fail after hearing her call him lemon head. I was supposed to help them be nicer to each other, not support this.

Ace looks down at her short frame with a raised brow as she glares towards him. " Say it again, I almost got intimidated this time." He says sarcastically, and I have to slightly pull back Charlotte when I see the rage building in her eyes.

I nudge her shoulders slightly, trying to get her to calm down. Charlotte sighs before putting a fake smile on over her face. " How about you take our pictures." Charlotte says, shoving her phone into Ace's hand.

He takes the phone, glaring at Charlotte as she moves us out of the line where everyone else was taking pictures.

Ace could still stand in line and take the pictures from where he was at, so he puts the phone up as Charlotte and I pose together in our pink dresses with the view of the huge castle behind us.

When we walk back towards the line Ace holds her phone back out, watching Charlotte like she's insane when she snatches the phone from his hand.

" What's your problem?" He scowls at her, and I sigh, ready for the next argument between them as we get to the front of the line and start scanning our tickets.

" Nothing was my problem until you decided to be an asshole towards me." Charlotte glares at Ace when we walk into the venue.

I was the only one admiring the beautiful decorations as we walk further in since they were too caught up in arguing.

" Maybe if you stopped forcing your way into my life I wouldn't be such an asshole." He scowls, and I turn towards Charlotte to see her eye slightly twitch.