Chapter 43: Jimin's Warning

Start from the beginning

"Why are you keeping so many plants around the palace?" Iseul asked.

"So that my hubbies can sneak in without triggering Sian's curse...you know, plants have lives too so if I meet my hubbies in private in the presence of these many plants, it won't trigger the curse..." I winked

"That's genius!" Iseul smirked.

"I know right!" I giggled as Iseul smiled and went to supervise the works of the maids and the servants.

"Everyone looks so busy in the queen's palace today..." I heard the 3rd noble consort's voice and turned around to find him walking towards me with the 2nd royal concubine. They both came near me and bowed.

I smiled, "Are you here to ask me again to introduce you to the king?"

The 3rd noble consort blushed and bit and shook his head no, "I already had a chance to meet him the other day....I came here today to ask about your health, my queen. How are you feeling?" He asked, clearly referring to my father's death.

"That you for asking...I am healing..." I smiled a bit and took his cloak from the table and gave it back to him, "Thank you for giving me your cloak...."

He bowed politely and took it back with a smile, "It was my pleasure to serve the queen!"

I turned towards the 2nd royal concubine and asked with a smile, "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Your Majesty, I came here to present you this phoenix hairpin. It was made by my family for you to thank you for giving our family so much respect by choosing me as a royal concubine," He bowed and presented me with a velvet box.

I took the box and opened it, there lay a gorgeous golden phoenix hairpin inside it.

"It would look good on you, your majesty," The 2nd royal concubine said looking at the seven hairpins in my hair, "I see that the queen likes to put many hairpins in her hair...." He smiled.

I closed the box and put it on my table, "Thank you for your gift...I appreciate it!" I smiled.

The 2nd royal concubine looked at the amethyst necklace and said, "Your amethyst necklace is so gorgeous, your majesty...I heard the famous spiritual stone looks just like it."

My eyes widened as he mentioned the stone. That's suspicious.

"I shall take my leave now...have a good day, your majesty!" The 3rd noble consort bowed and left.

The 2nd royal concubine bowed abruptly, "Ahh...I shall leave too, your majesty." He ran after the 3rd noble consort. I looked at the men till they disappeared from my sight. My thoughts were interrupted by someone's screams.

"Soyoung! You should come here and see this!" Iseul said with a panicked look. I followed her out of the room and saw a young maid around the corner of the corridor, shivering as she is completely wet from top to bottom. All the other maids and servants stood there with their heads bowed.

"Bring a cloth!" I said and Seojun immediately brought me a shawl. I took the shawl and put it around the maid. As I did so, I noticed bruises all over her body.

"How did this happen?" I asked.

"She was bullied by these two maids," Wook pushed two maids in front of me.

"Bullying? In my palace? How dare you?!" I frowned.

"Your majesty, we didn't bully her...we accidentally splashed water on her..." One of the maids claimed while bowing.

I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me, "Accident? This girl is being bullied for a long time...her bruises tell it all...How dare you lie to the queen?"