His words were true, and we should be really going giddy now while running back home to spread the great news that calls for celebration. But how? How can I be excited at the death of this girl who had captured my heart.

Why hadn't it been someone else? Why her? The pain, sorrow, anguish, and sadness that brimmed in her eyes that moment she was brought to the stage really grasped my entire soul into feeling the same way as her.

When she screeched, I felt like my heart was ripped apart. I don't know what love really feels like, but this poor girl had pulled a string in my soul. I felt her pain like it was mine, and now that she was going to die, I was feeling like my life was about to end too.

"Oh God, Jaden! Don't tell me you are also falling for the dying lady too?! What's wrong with all these new and strange feelings of pity you're having for werewolves? It is disgusting!" He grunted through the mind link to avoid anyone hearing and finding out we weren't werewolves.

"Who says I have pity for them? Dumb head." I muttered and burst into laughter.

"I'm only trying to blend in, and it is so unfortunate that even my own man couldn't read out my true intention." I added, and he snickered but still had a doubtful look on his face.

I drew closer and whispered to him.

"Do you know why they forgot her in there? I poisoned the drinks offered to the high table earlier when we spit, so it made them lose their minds. I overheard someone talking about what her death would cause them, and that was why I pulled this stunt." I lied, but my tone sounded so true that his eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?"

"Yes, buddy. I hate these people more than anything else.

"Someone poisoned the drinks here!!" The Alpha shouted at that moment, in the right timing, and Jake's entire doubt was clear. The third guy came in, and Jake transferred my lies to him, and the joy they both had was inexplicable.

"Let's get out of here while they suffer their deserved cruel fate." Jake cackled through the mind link, and we made our way out with pretentious groans and cries of sadness while sneaking through the crowd.

As soon as we were out of the village square, we burst into hysterical laughter, drifting into our vampire senses as we dashed off like flashes of light.

"Your dad will be so proud of you!" Jake hollered, and I gloated on the outside while my heart was racing on the inside. I already had my secret plans to save that girl, and it was ringing in my head the very glaring fact that I was about to betray my people for the first time ever.

What I was about to do was forbidden and a serious abomination that has a penalty of death by hanging. I was battling with my mind and soul, trying to draw a conclusion on what to actually do.

The right thing was to totally ignore that wolf girl and allow her to die while we watched her pack wallow in curse, which would make them entirely vulnerable for us to unleash an easy win attack on them. That would be heroic, and I would have never-ending praise for making it so easy to wipe out an entire pack even when I wasn't the one that poisoned the drinks.

The wrong thing to do was to carry out my plan, which was to claim that I forgot my bracelet in the pack and tell them to head home while I quickly ran back to get it. In that way, I would then find my way into the pack clinic and give that wolf girl the pill that would heal her at once.

It was a magic pill created by my witch mother with the most difficult process that almost made her pass out. It was something that took her almost a year to create, as it was a pill that could give life to a dead soul and heal anyone from any kind of fatal injury.

She gave me two, one to Jake, and then two to my father. Everyone still has theirs since we have yet to go to war with the Wolf Kingdom. I can't believe I was going to use mine today on someone I just met. A girl I should ignore and wish death on as an enemy.

This was right and wrong, and it is unbelievable that I went for the wrong one because just the thought of that girl dying was making me feel like I would die of forever heartbreak and regret.

"Jake, Stanley! Fuck it!" I cursed and paused on the run.
We were already out of the wolf boundary and heading home. They both halted and turned to face me.

"What is it?" They both asked in unison, peering at me as I hissed and ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"My mother's bracelet. It fell off!" I grunted, hissing again as I closed my eyes as if I were tracing it with my senses.

"Have you found out where it fell?" Jake asked as soon as I opened my eyes.

"Fuck it! It fell off while we were crossing the boundary. I need to speed back to pick it up before someone sees it and realizes a vampire snuck into their land." I hissed..

"Prince, I can't allow you to stress yourself. Please give me the location so I can go get it for you." Stanley offered, and I shook my head.

"Who says I'm stressing myself, Mr! Take your help elsewhere!" I snorted inside my mind before speaking out.

"Let me go for it. You both should go back and spread the good news, so I'll return and receive a grand entrance." I smirked and winked at them as they laughed and nodded.

"Please be fast and don't get into a fight. Beckon on us if anything goes wrong." Jake said, and I nodded.

They both bolted off while I made my way back, feeling so giddy that I couldn't contain my happiness. I ended up laughing, feeling the kind of joy I had never felt for a very long time.

Realizing what was making me this happy made me wonder if I was normal.