The Harbinger of the Storm to Come

Почніть із самого початку

"Y/N? You there?"

You quickly stand from your perch on the floor of the phone booth. Coming to face Shoko who was looking in the opposite direction, her brown hair in a loose ponytail as she scanned the area. Sensing my presence she turns to me.

"I got here as fast as you could are you okay-" Her words lodge themselves in her throat as she beholds the mess that I was.

I smiled palely, "I'm actually not too bad."

.............

Twice in the same night, you were seated at someone's dining table with the wounds on your face being attended to. This time, however, you weren't self-medicating.

Shoko's hands were ice cold as she cradled your face within them. It was a familiar feeling, the same as the night you had crashed at her place after the party. Now, however, you weren't so blissfully unaware.

"What was that." You motioned to her hands after she removed it from your face. All the stinging and nagging pains seemed to fade away. "Cursed energy?"

It was a wild guess but, nowadays everything seemed to lead back to it.

She freezes for a moment before speaking. You could see a strange expression in her tired eyes. "How'd you know?"

"A friend." You hissed through gritted teeth.

"Let me guess? The friend is Suguru Geto?" She laughs a bit as if it was funny in an ironic way, you didn't get the joke.

"In the flesh." You got up from your chair and walked to a decorative mirror on the wall, examining the clean flesh on your face. Not a hint of scabbing or even the fact that the scars were there. You were too tired to marvel at the wonders of it. Dead tired.

The air goes silent in a way that only a conversation with Shoko would have it go. Heavy with words unsaid.

"Shoko why the fuck didn't you tell me?" you whispered, barely louder than the annoying whirring of the fan.

To be honest, you weren't even sure what exactly you were asking. To be let in on this world that was so strange and unfamiliar? To have just some sort of idea of the double life that everyone around you seemed to live? The line was blurred under a strange haze of embarrassment of having been in the dark for years. It was never just one day. Years. And these were your closest people.

"It wasn't my secret to tell." She responds after a long pause. At first, you were worried that she hadn't heard you in the first place.

"Who's secret is it then? Nanami's? Gojo's? Gran's? Getou's?" Who was to blame? You were clutching at straws now.

"Neither. It was never any of ours."

Silence enveloped the room.

"Well, I'm already neck deep in this mess so don't you think I deserve even a hint now? What kind of world were you guys living in that was so important that I was never to know about it?" You could feel your temper rising. "Can't you tell me something? Anything, Shoko?"

She looks at you, deeply for a moment before speaking in a tone you'd never heard her take.

"Y/N do you fucking think that we run around keeping things from our loved ones for no goddamn reason? Huh? You're not the only one. We have friends, families, loved ones, children all kinds of people who cannot intersect with our world because they simply cannot see it. Do you think this is easy? That we lie because we want to? We protect each and every one of you from a threat you all don't even know fucking EXISTS." Her voice cracks, "Can you say, honestly that you'd have believed us even if we told you? Could you? Look at how you walked in Y/N. Bruised and wounded. This is the world you want to know so much about Y/N?"

"You don't have a right to make that decision for me. Doing something to protect me doesn't change the fact that it happened, okay? You looked at me and lied to my fucking face for years. I'm sorry if that shit affects my ability to trust you all. I feel like I didn't know any of you. Don't you get it? I would have believed you because I trusted you. I trusted all of you." You pause to catch your breathe before adding with a bit of extra spite, something to tell of all the pain you felt. "So what if you guys didn't tell me anything? Guess what, your fucking world came knocking on my back door and took out a half of my fucking house! MY HOUSE!"

You couldn't help it anymore, the stress of the day and all your pent-up emotions overwhelmed you. A tear ran down your face, followed by another, and another. The sinking feeling in your stomach that you had been carrying all day reaching a crescendo.

A/N

Thank's for reading!
Dont forget to vote, comment and maybeeeee even share with a fellow jjk fan?
HAPPY WEEKEND Y'ALL!!!

-Jae<3