Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

When we get closer to the airport I ask Hannah to just drop me off at the entrance instead of trying to find parking space. It will be too tasking as she has to get to work anyway.

"I'll see you in a week mami, don't miss me too much."I tell her as I reach for my duffel bag from the back seat.

"Impossible but I got you a gift so we can keep in touch." She says handing me a sleek black new iPhone.

"You bought me a phone?" I choke out taking it from her.

"You said that your PO required you to get one so I took the liberty of purchasing one for you and setting it up." She explains.

"I feel like a kept man with all these things you are doing for me." I tease.

"You spoil me just as much, treating each other like this is what shows our love for each other." Hannah says grinning at me.

"I love it, I will text, call and video chat you every chance I get." I promise her pocketing it.

"You had better. Call me when you take off, when you land, every moment in between and after." She demands.

"I will." I nod.

A car behind us honks and I realize that we are blocking the taxi lane.

"I love you and I'll miss you. Take care of yourself and be good." I rush out kissing her.

Knowing we won't see each other for a week I deepen the kiss savoring our last moments together until a blast of inpatient honks forces us to pull apart.

"Fucking bastards, see you in a week mami."

"Bye Cesar, you and Diego have a great time."

I kiss her forehead and nose before exiting the car flipping the bird to the taxi behind us. I watch as Hannah drives away and when she is out of sight I walk into the airport with my new phone in my pocket, ticket and ID in hand, my duffle bag over my shoulder.

I've flown before but only privately and never commercial. I know how airports work since I had to pick up product from Cuba and Mexico but never one this big. It takes me a moment to figure where everything is but I manage to find my gate.

My passport expired but it's only a domestic flight so I don't need one.

I go through the gate without any problem and I am grateful that I do not have to check in my duffel bag since it will save me time when I have to switch planes and after I land in Providence.

When I get into the plane, a flight attendant shows me to my seat since Hannah booked the ticket for me. I get a window seat and after putting my bag in the overhead compartment, I sit down.

The seat next to me is empty for a few minutes until a young woman walks up to me smiling when she confirms her seat is the aisle one next to mine.

"Hi, can you help me with my bag? I'm a bit short." She requests with a giggle.

"Sure." I nod trying to be polite.

I put her bag up for her and sit back down.

"Thank you, you're a life saver. My height makes me cute but it has its downsides." She grins taking her seat next to me.

"It's no problem." I assure her.

I retrieve my phone to call Hannah since the plane is filling quickly meaning we are going to take off soon. I want to talk to her before we're airborne. I barely unlock the screen when my neighbor taps my shoulder. I turn to her wondering what her problem is now. I hope she won't be a brother during the flight because I would hate to not enjoy myself, as much as one can in a commercial business class flight anyway.