Chapter Thirty Three

SANTIAGO'S POV

"I'll pick you up at seven for our date." I say to Hannah as I kiss her goodbye at the door.

We've been together all week but tomorrow she goes back to work and I'm going to surprise Diego at Brown so we've decided to go on the date we have been postponing later tonight.

"Do you have to go? You can get ready here." Hannah pouts.

"Mami, I've been wearing the same clothes all week. I can't wear this to our date." I reply with a laugh.

"I've been washing them and I'll do it again today, don't go." She begs giving me the best puppy eyes she can muster.

I don't want to leave her side either but I have things to take care of.

"I haven't reported to my parole officer yet, if I don't do it today, I can get into trouble and end up back in prison." I inform her.

"It's that bad?"

"Yes."

"Okay then, you can go but I expect you back here by seven." She demands.

"Yes ma'am, I promise, I won't be late." I assure her.

She finally loses the frown and pulls my head down to kiss me. I push her against the door, cupping her neck, her body trapped in place by mine. I kiss her like my life depends on it even though I'll only be apart from her for a couple of hours.

"I love you." I rasp out breathlessly pulling back.

"I love you more." She echoes.

I kiss her forehead and nose and before she can stop me I step back and walk to my car. She stands at the door until I reverse out of the driveway then gets back into the house.

I don't want to leave Hannah, not after being by her side all week but I really do need to see to my parole officer before he reports me for violating my parole guidelines. It's still early in the day so I am hoping to go to his office and still have enough time to go shopping for some new clothes. I need something date worthy to take my girl out to a fancy restaurant. She deserves to be treated like a princess even though she kept insisting that it's not necessary.

This past week has been the best including meeting Hannah's friends over the weekend and having them approve of me. The animosity I expected was nonexistent. I thought Hannah had asked them to behave once they met me but then I recall the compromising position they walked in on and I know she had no idea that they were even coming. Them being so nice and accepting of me even after walking in on me fucking their friend on the sofa was all the proof that I needed that they are good people. They didn't judge me for being a convicted criminal or my past before gangs.

All I got was a warning from Tom, who seemed the most protective of the whole group to stay out of trouble and treat Hannah right or he would unleash his wife on me. He didn't even threaten me with using his FBI connections against me if I hurt Hannah but his wife meaning Jada was as scary as I thought she was beneath that sweet exterior.

But they have nothing to worry about, as soon as I am back from Brown I will pay a visit to the gang and let them know that my days running with them are done. I expect there will be a price to be paid but as long as it's not one that will cost me my life then I will gladly do it to earn my freedom. Hannah deserves a boyfriend who's not risking his life all the time dealing drugs in the streets. She was saint enough to date me while I was in prison and that's more than enough sacrifice for me. I will clean up my act be the man that she can be proud to call hers.

When I get to my destination, I park outside and walk in identifying myself at the front desk. My parole officer is in a meeting so I am asked to wait. I knew this was a possibility since this is not a scheduled visit so I take a seat in the waiting room forcing myself to be patient.