Chapter Nineteen

SANTIAGO'S POV

I hate serving the breakfast line but I also don't want to take off the gauze Hannah put on my hand yesterday. If I work in the kitchen I will have to but I want to preserve that memory of us for a little while longer. It's why I am serving today instead of cooking even though I keep getting distracted by the memories of meeting Hannah yesterday. She was everything I imagined her to be and more. She's sweet, kind, caring, beautiful beyond measure, sexy as fuck and blatantly honest. Hannah is not afraid to speak her mind and I love that trait on her. I haven't been able to get her out of my head, she was even in my dreams seeing as I woke up sporting harder wood that I had in years.

I promised her that I would see her today and I am yet to figure out the how. It's still early though and there's time. Ronald told me that today is their last day here since they gave more vaccines than they had anticipated yesterday. I am relieved because I don't want Hannah spending more time than is necessary with the inmates. She's at risk anytime she's in their presence.

Thinking about that is putting me on edge so I go back to more positive thoughts, like the feel of her skin on mine or how well her hand fit in mine. So soft. So perfect.

"Is that a smile? Oh my God it is a smile. You are in deep boss." Julius exclaims moving up the line to where I am.

I scowl at him unimpressed by his teasing.

"Shut up and keep moving." I demand serving him his porridge.

"Oh no, I need to enjoy this moment. It's rare. Like an eclipse." He grins showing off all his pearly whites.

This boy!

"Those happen more than you think, we just don't get to see them all." I inform him.

Julius looks confused for a moment before his face lights up. "Fine, okay then, it's like a Bigfoot sighting."

I roll my eyes at him wondering if he really is as smart as he says he is. "Mythical creature and not real."

"Double yolk egg." He declares.

"They mass produce those now." I educate him.

"Damn you, why won't you let me enjoy this?" He says stomping his foot like a child.

"Because it's none of your business." I growl.

Julius wouldn't stop talking about how amazing Hannah was to him yesterday, like I didn't already know all that.

"When will you learn boss we are a package deal now. Your business is my business." He grins.

"Do you have a return address?" I mutter wishing at this moment that I could return him.

"Nope, I'm all yours for life papi. Even when we both get out, I'm seeking you out and keeping this relationship alive." He asserts.

Dear God, what did I get myself into?

"Don't make it sound so gay, I have a girl." I retort.

"Yeah I know, I'm okay with sharing you with her and Deigo, they are cool people." He shrugs as if he's found the perfect solution.

"Good for you, now move along the line you're holding it up." I demand.

"I don't know why you are so excited anyway, it's not like you'll get to see her today." Julius points out.

"Says you, I have my ways." I challenge.

"A man with means, I like that."

"Seriously Julius if you don't move I'll dump all this hot porridge over your head." I threaten already done with the conversation.