[16] game night

・❥・

CLEO's POV

i don't know why every one of these functions involves alcohol like they don't have early morning training tomorrow.

but i'm having too much fun to worry about it.

"am i a bee?!"

"CLOSE!" we've been here for half an hour so kane could figure out what he was. "so what? i sting?!" everyone yells yes altogether and he sits there with his elbows on his knees and his fingers knotted into his hair. "for fucks sake if you don't-"

"WE'VE BEEN HERE TOO LONG FOR YOU TO GIVE IT AWAY, JUDE."

jude is to my right and every time i look back at him, he's only sinking into the couch even more than the last. "OH! AM I A WASP?!"

"YES!" i get up along with the others in celebration that this was all over and that we could finally play charades. "i say we team up because we're never gonna get through everyone if we go one by one."

i actually like jack's idea.

"and how do we-"

"i call dibs on cleo!" trent is the first to say anything. "you guys are always together! so i'm picking cleo." i'm right here and my name is being thrown around like this. "uh, she's my sister so she's coming with me." now mason's joining in on the bid.

i slowly start to back up. no one would notice if i was gone to use the bathroom, right?

maybe then i'd have a partner by the time i come back.

but as i am, i accidentally bump into someone right at the arch. "wanna be my partner?" jude, who practically towers over me, asks and suddenly i feel as though i'm visible again. "only because you're the only one who asked what i wanted." i smile up at him and he smiles back at me. "cool," with that, he takes my hand and we walk back to the commotion together.

"cleo and i are partners so will all of you shut up already?" that's one way to quiet a room. "um, well if you guys say so."

and just like that, everyone slowly finds their own teammate. we all decide to put our names on a piece of paper and scramble them in a hat. whoever gets chosen goes up.

i'm in charge of pulling them out because apparently no one here trusts each other anymore after that one incident where maguire was calling all the numbers on his board in bingo.

"you guys are so old to be playing bingo anyways."

"whose idea do you think it was?" trent tells me with rashford on his side. "i'm right here, trent."

i don't think kane appreciated the comment.

i clear my throat and pull out reece and mason who are actually excited to go up. they make their way up to the front and whisper something to each other and the show begins.

mason does some swimming motions with his arms, and reece... "uh, are you saving him from drowning?" both reece and mason get serious at saka's comment like it wasn't a genuine question. we get more confused when reece looks like he's pounding something. "i'm concerned." i whisper even though everyone else is really trying to get this. "that makes two of us." jude's probably the only one listening to me.