[7] friendlies

・❥・

CLEO's POV

at least now the excessive training is going to use so if they lose... i'm disowning mason.

'just friendlies,' like i care. i came here to win.

well, watch them win. i already took my seat where it was reserved by mason with the best view of the pitch.

it's been two days since that dinner and yesterday i spent most it sulking in my room. but i'm usually always pumped for game days so theres no ruining this. i'm sitting with a lot of the guys wives and girlfriends while wearing mason's jersey.

"are you not cold?!" i've gone soft. i'm usually fine in this weather but this is too much. "take my sweater. you clearly need it more than i do." paige, sterling's fiancé, hands me a grey zip up and i could not be more grateful.

but all of a sudden the players start coming out.

i wave to mason who waves back and i'm telepathically wishing him good luck.

as kids we were convinced that even if we weren't twins that we could still do it. "how good is italy anyways?"

"who knows honestly." i watch mostly club futbol. it's way better but i do love my national team so this is the only exception. the game begins and i'd say it's going really well.

i'm already at the edge of my seat when someone was running with the ball but i forgot my contacts so i had to pull out the glasses whether i wanted to or not.

"they suit you!" i don't hate them, they just get uncomfortable a lot. jude is running when he takes his shot but it went way over the post. "i forget how high my blood pressure gets."

"um should we get you to a doctor or-"

"i wasn't being literal, paige." we laugh together until saka takes a corner kick.

it lands at the far back where kane is and he tries to score but gets blocked. fortunately, it landed right back to rice where he scores. we get out of our seats and cheer like crazy with paige. just what we needed to take our place in this.

though, i do spot something new that i hadn't seen.

for one, jude's playing with 10.

he always talked about how much he loved playing with 22, but that one day he'd like to play with 10 if he ever got good enough. i didn't think it'd be so soon, though.

so maybe i am a little proud, but who wouldn't if you were the one listening to him speak of his dreams.

second, where is she? i'm surprised what's-her-face isn't here but better for me.

more and more minutes go by when we're at the 40th. saka takes another corner kick but immediately, anyone could tell that it was a handball on italy's behalf. var is checked and just like i said, "see, those glasses do help!"

"nice one." i can't help but roll my eyes.

kane takes it for italy and he makes it in making them all celebrate into the corner closest to us.

i start taking pictures and clap for them like crazy. i'm also yelling which really isn't good but anything to support them.

・❥・

the game ended 2-1 with us winning.

so while everyone was getting changed, paige and i took the opportunity to snap a few pictures. "please tell me you're getting my good side and only my good side." if she isn't these pictures aren't even worth looking at. "like both your sides aren't your good side." as flattered as i am, i still have to know.