[14] bellingham(s)

・❥・

CLEO's POV

"and... we're here."

i don't know what was more awkward, having to tell mason i'm going to jude's for dinner or the ride here.

thankfully, it's over and i'll have jobe to save me from the rest of the night.

i get out the car and jude leads the way to the door before he stops midway unlocking. "i'm sorry for anything that comes out her mouth." he laughs awkwardly and so do i. "she's better than my mom so you have nothing to worry about." he finally swings the door open and the smell of food is prominent and feels so at home. "are you home jude?! is cleo with you?!"

"look for yourself!" the yelling back and forth is actually really funny.

everyone flows out the kitchen and immediately, eyes widen at the sight of me. "cleo! i can't believe it!" neither did i, honestly.

i definitely did not expect to be walking back in this house during this visit at all. "we missed you, kid!" mark, his dad, comes up to the hug denise, his mom, already has me in. "um, let me help you from this one, cleo."

was it obvious that i could lose consciousness any second from how tight that hug was?

i thank him and his mom drags me into the kitchen with her. "so no one's gonna ask me how the game went?"

"we watched on tv, congrats on 2-0. now go shower and leave us be!" i look back at him laughing and he rolls his eyes dramatically but does as his mom says. "when jobe told me you guys ran into each other i was upset he didn't tell me sooner!"

me either especially because jobe isn't someone to keep his mouth shut. "i'm only here for the month, anyway."

"i still should've been the first to know!"

i bring her into a hug before she starts offering me anything she can. "i'm fine, really. is there anything i can help you with, though?"

"not a thing, cleo. you're the guest i can't have you-"

"but i wanna. it's no problem i swear." but she won't have of it. "guest or not your ass is not lifting a finger tonight." jobe says from the seat he takes next to me which honestly startled me. "so how's that job for barcelona?"

"it's incredible, really."

"dad, can i go to barcelona?"

"i don't know, can you jobe? you have to prove yourself." jobe raises his eyebrow confused. "i meant to visit cleo when she goes back, jeez." i laugh to myself when the two look at each other trying to get on the same page. "uh, why not."

guess i'll be seeing jobe eventually.

everyone gets to talking for who knows how long until jude comes down and just in time for the food to come out.

i don't know what jude and his dad were talking about, but i walked into the kitchen even after denise's remarks. "at least let me help you serve the plates."

"cleo if you don't-"

but i already have the plate out her hands and start setting them out. i go for another round for the utensils and lastly cups. "you just can't keep still, can you?"