Chapter 19 Questions

Y/n P.O.V.

I awake to find myself in the field of hollow skulls again.

Y/n: "The more times I end up here, the more I'm starting to think this place is supposed to signify something."

I get up from the field of skulls and make my way to the lighthouse room and the Shade Lord was waiting for me.

Shade Lord: "It is supposed to signify something by the way."

Y/n: "How could you hear that from over here"

Shade Lord: "We're connected, remember?"

Y/n: "Oh yeah some million-year-old void snake monster hanging out with a Y/A guy." [Y/A = Your Age]

Shade Lord: "I am much older than that. But let's forget this conversation since we are connected now, more than before at least. The Void is going to attempt to take over your body."

Y/n: "Wait you said taking over my body right? Because that just sounds like a parasite?"

Shade Lord: "No this is more like a- Actually no this is just straight-up parasitism."

Y/n: "You're making this sound like a very small problem."

Shade Lord: "Because it is, the Void in your very body, every cell, atom, and stuff smaller than that has Void inside of it. Because of this, the Void wants to take control of the host to fulfill its objective. Consume everything."

Y/n: "Yeah how do I unbond with this thing, do I just turn the thermostat up because this whole thing reminds me of a comic book"

Shade Lord: "Do not worry emotional vessel, because now you can do things you have never done before. The Void is now literally in the palm of your hand, so now you can do cool shit like this."

The Shade Lord backs away and grows many legs like a centipede and morphs them into arms. He then makes them all turn into swords.

Shade Lord: "Come on how is this not cool?"

Y/n: "I'm still terrified about how it's trying to take over my body. Don't get me wrong that is cool as fuck"

Shade Lord: "Well there is a very simple solution to that, just don't lose sight of your goal and unite the Void in it. The Void should only thrash when there is something in front of it that will continue its goal."

Y/n: "YOU'RE TREATING THIS LIKE THE VOID IS A DOG! I CAN'T KEEP A LEASH ON THIS THING!"

Shade Lord: "Well there's not much I can do.. Maybe I can just test you on it."

Y/n: "How do I do that?"

Shade Lord: "The Void's primary objective is to take over. So if I open a small gate in your soul it's going to try and take over. Let's see how long you can hold out before it becomes too much"

Y/n: "Wait wha-"

Dull pain then starts to attack my soul before I can react. I fall onto the ground clenching my chest and I bring out my soul as a spreading darkness starts to take over my F/C soul. I attempt to hold it back but it seems only to delay it.

Y/n: "Stop it."

Shade Lord: "You aren't trying hard enough. Keep on going."

Y/n: "Sto-p I-It"

I look up and see the serpent simply watching as I am in pain.

Y/n: "I-I-I ss-sai-d stop"

I start to feel Void crawling throughout my body as it starts to cover my eyes."