Chapter 2 School Friends

Y/n P.O.V.

As I finally arrive at school I walk into the open gates and head to class. The hallway is littered with humans and monsters as everyone is in a hurry to get to their classes. As people run to their classes I wasn't paying attention or she wasn't paying attention as we bump into each other falling to the ground.

Y/n: "Ah shit sorry for that I wasn't paying attention. Like usual..."

I take off my headphones and reach out to her hand to help her up.

???: "Don't worry I wasn't paying attention either. Also like usual..."

They take my hand and lift themselves.

Y/n: "My bad, the names Y/n. And who might this relatable person be?"

Frisk: "Oh my name is Frisk. Glad to know another not paying attention person is here. But I was just lost looking for my classes.'

<Frisk is whatever gender you choose>

Y/n: "Here let me see your schedule perhaps I could help."

They hand me a piece of paper and a list of all their classes. Some I have on my schedule as well. Maybe I'll finally have a friend to do partner work with.

Y/n: "Ah Magic Manipulation I have that class too, it's somewhere around here. I'll find it with you how about it."

Frisk: "Oh thanks for the help I just need to find my sister though, knowing her she is getting into trouble"

Frisk looks worried and looks around her.

Y/n: "Could I get a description of what she looks like? Where did you last see her."

Frisk: "Ah yes, she's wearing a green shirt with yellow stripes with brown pants, has messy brown hair, and red eyes. Don't question the red eyes part. We were near the vending machines before we separated last I remember. "

Y/n: "Quite the hungry one I reckon, can't blame her. Alright, let's go find her."

I take their arm and run into the crowd of people and monsters looking for someone who fits the description. Through all the nonsense that goes through here every day, especially the new racist shit the monsters bring now that they're released gets me a little peeved seeing it. Bringing me to unconsciously hold Frisk tighter.

Frisk: "Hey Y/n? Your grip is getting a little tight..."

Y/n: "My bad I didn't want to lose you in that swarm."

I awkwardly let go. I'm just desperately hoping I can salvage some part of this friendship before I'm left back like the loner I am.

Frisk: "It's fine, besides we found her."

Frisk points to a person beating up a vending machine. Making quite a few dents in it while people stare judgementally at her and some walking away in fear.

???: "YOU FUCKING IDIOTIC MACHINE YOU ATE MY DOLLAR!!!"

While Frisk knows we found her person I know I have fufilled part of my purpose. A part of me still is scared to get closer to the short haired brunette however. This fear is amplified when Frsik starts to walk closer and I realize I actually have to talk to the person likely now.

Frisk: "Chara there you are why did you stray away from me? We need to stick together like mom said."

Chara: "Because I saw this glorious vending machine with chocolate. This piece of shit however denies me of my desires."

I'm beginning to feel a little bad now. Knowing she might not have eaten breakfast reminds me of myself and most of my fear slips away as I feel myself get closer to the apparent "piece of shit."