Ch. 10: Family Bonding

The next day was a busy day for both Amity and Luz. Amity would be busy heading to work, showing her reunited family what she does and around the San Diego Zoo. And Luz would be busy at the Milwaukee County Zoo, calming down the female alligator she was assigned to bring back as a mate for Tank. Amity got back to her apartment, with her family in tow.

"Alright, give me a few minutes to get changed and then we can head out." Amity said.

"Okay, mittens, we can wait." Edric said as they began looking around her apartment.

"And try not break anything, please. It took forever for me and Luz to decorate this place just right." Amity said as she went off to her bedroom.

Alador immediately walked over to a few pictures on a shelf. He looked at one of Amity on her adoption day, which her adopted family used like a birthday, she couldn't be any older than seven.

"I've missed so much of her life. I can't even call myself her dad." He said loud enough for the twins to hear which he didn't want.

"Don't say that dad. Even if we missed on some of Amity's life but we can still be there for the rest of her life." Emira said to her father.

"Some... I don't consider twenty years 'Some'. I've missed every milestone a father should see. I missed her first day at school, I missed countless birthdays, I've missed chasing dates away." Alador said, before looking at a Zoo calendar with Luz petting Tina as the month's picture, "I missed giving her love advice... I'm going to be at that wedding... even if it kills me."

"Oh calm down, drama queen!" Eda commented as she sat in the couch. "So, you missed 20 or so birthdays, you can still be there for the rest of her birthdays. You can be there for her children when she has them, you can still give her advice, you can still make a connection. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to my home in the Human Realm. Mama needs some sexy time."

Eda drew a spell circle to teleport herself to her wife, who was just stepping out of the shower.

"I wonder when Eda is going to be home." She said to herself.

"Well, hello." Eda said, laying on the bathroom sink counter, "And it's not even my birthday."

Camila was surprised by this, freezing in place as she was reaching for a towel on the rack.

"Eda!" Camila said as she turned to her wife.

"Oh, don't cover up." Eda said, getting off the sink, "Why don't I get undressed with you?"

"I....I just showered." Camila said, blushing brightly.

"So you can shower again.....with me in there too." Eda said as she unzipped her dress.

"You drive a hard bargain." Camila said.

At Amity's apartment, she left her room.

"Alright, I'm ready."

Amity walked into her den and saw her magic family still looking around at her home.

"It's a nice little place, isn't it?" Amity asked.

"It's... cozy." Emira said, "Places this nice don't exist on the Isles... not without a price at least."

"It must've cost a pretty penny." Edric added.

"It wasn't that expensive if you can believe it. Plus after Luz moved in, rent became easier to pay." Amity said to them.

"And is this Luz here? She looks very nice." Alador said as he picked up a photo of Luz and Amity.

"Unfortunately, she had to go to Wisconsin because one of the animals in the zoo has been placed in a breeding program and the zoo there has a mate for him." Amity said.