the boy didn't say anything after that, instead, they held each other in a comfortable silence and in each other's comfort.

they got each other and they came in a packet deal. you want JJ? great, you got Bambi too. you want Bambi? well, JJs gonna be right behind her.

if they weren't with each other it was usually because one of them was asleep or because they got in a little fight that would be solved the same day and everything would go back to normal.

JJ was her sun, the one thing she was excited to see when she woke up and Bambi was his moon, without her, the world wouldn't shine.

BAMBI WAS WOKEN UP TO A LOUD BANG ON her bedroom door. she unwrapped herself from her covers and got up, rubbing her eyes.

she didn't expect to see John B standing outside her door, a serious look on his face and a look she was not looking forward to.

"your awake early again, you feeling okay?" the girl raised her eyebrow, grabbing her phone and looking at the time that read 9:30.

"whatever you have against Dad, i need you to push that away for a couple of hours so you can speak to Ms Lana," he told her, holding her door back open when she was about to close it.

"look, if you want to find out about dads freaky compass then do it, just leave me out of it." Bambi sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"that's why i said, push away whatever feelings you have about him." John B groaned.

"why do you need me to see Ms Lana, can you not go with JJ or someone?" the brunette asked, walking back into her room and opening her drawer that contained all her smoking things.

"cause your crazy good at talking to people, especially if you have a history with them and didn't Ms. Lana help you out once or something?" John B reminded her.

"what's in it for me?" she asked, grabbing a box from inside the drawer and opening it, pulling a face when she realised she had no weed left.

John B looked at her, silently asking if she was serious and when he realised she was, he sighed, "you can drive."

THE ROUTLEDGE GIRL HAD A BIG SMILE ON HER face as her hands held the steering wheel tightly. if she was honest, John B was a much better driver than she was but if a bumpy ride meant getting her own way then so be it.

JJ sat next to her in the passenger seat and John B sat in the back, poking his head through the gap between her and JJ's seat.

"i'm just saying, i don't understand why you don't at least try it with Kiara, she clearly likes you." JJ rambled on, "she's like 'oh John B'"

John B looked at the boy, tilting his head, "is that what she does?"

"she's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you, bro." JJ tried to show his reason for why he thought Kie liked him.

"she kissed me on the cheek." John B said slowly, "it's not like we were making out or something."

Bambi hated this conversation as much as she could, she knew that soon enough, she would be dragged in and questioned about what she knew.