Chapter 31

Epilogue

One Month Later

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Third Person POV:

It takes a while to get used to this new way of life, Bad living as an angel now and Skeppy still a gate guardian, but it's a routine they fall easily into.

Bad gets a job in the gardens with Puffy pretty soon after the trial, and she often visits the two at their home, reconnecting with Skeppy and bringing her girlfriend, Niki, to meet the boys.

A6d is still in the Nether, but he messages the couple often, updating on his life and just laughing with them. What matters is that he's free, out doing what makes him happy.

So Bad and Skeppy lead this cozy afterlife, where they only have each other, and their small circle of friends, but that's all they really need.

Time seems to pass by seamlessly, and the boys are more than happy that they're not holding meetings with gods every other day.

So everything is good again, everything is perfect until Skeppy starts spending more time away from home.

Bad, who used to get back from the gardens to find his boyfriend making dinner or napping in bed, now finds an empty house.

Skeppy will come home later and later, brushing off any questions his lover has with a light kiss and endless compliments, before crashing in the shared bedroom.

He says it's just extra work, long hours to get Bad something special, and the story checks out, explains why Skeppy is always so tired, yet still tries his best to help clean and care for Bad.

Puffy notices the change too, when Skeppy shows up late to the shared dinners, if he even shows up at all, but she doesn't say anything, she never does.

After all, it's not her business.

She does notice things, though, while working around XD's palace. Like the fact that Skeppy seems to have all too often check ins with the god, and leaving frustrated every time.

This constant loop goes on for almost three months before Skeppy reveals the truth.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Bad, Badboy, Badboyhalooo, I made you breakfast!" Skeppy shakes his boyfriend awake, a sweet smile on his face.

Bad cracks his eyes open, confused but happy, Skeppy's usually long gone by this time, off to work without so much as a goodbye.

"G'morning, Sgeppy." Bad sits up with a lazy smile, admiring the way Skeppy's diamonds glitter in the morning light. "This is a nice surprise."

"Mhm." Skeppy slips into bed beside Bad, carefully placing a plate stacked full of French Toast in Bad's lap. "You better like it, I woke up super early to make this."

"I'm sure it's delicious, honey." Bad giggles, trying to get a bite of toast to stay on his fork.

This is what Bad's missed, the domestic mornings between the two of them, just laying in bed for hours, giggling about who knows what.