Chapter 2

Badboyhalo POV

I look around, feeling nauseous in my new surroundings.

The world around me is grey, a murky universe everywhere I look.

For a moment, I think I'm in the clouds, what with the thick wave of fog surrounding me.

The ground is rippling beneath my feet, making it hard to stand up. Not that I had anywhere to go.

For a brief moment, I wonder where Zak is. Hazy memories of a white room, beeping machines, blood.

He was crying, I remember that. Why, though? I'd never seen him that upset.

Where am I?

A bright light can be seen through the tops of the clouds, it seems to be getting closer.

I squint, wanting to get a better look at it, only resulting in a pounding headache.

"Hello."

Whipping my head around, I see an angelic person standing behind me.

They have a pair of huge, white feathery wings and a golden halo above their head. Bright blue eyes complement their pale, freckled skin. Curled locks of white hair fall around their shoulders, shifting with the wind.

"Who are you?" I breathe, mesmerized.

"I'll be guiding you to your afterlife." Smiling, they hold out a hand to help me up.

"A-afterlife?" This can't be right...

"Yeah, you're dead. Surprise!" Another voice sounds from behind me.

I turn to see a man with tan skin standing behind me. He has a pair of huge black wings, jutting out like a Dragon's. Black hair sits atop his head in a jumbled mess.

He rolls his eyes at my confusion."My friend and I get to choose where you go now that you're dead, heaven or hell."

"I'm not dead!" I shout, backing away from the strange creatures. "No, no, no, NO! Where's Zak?"

The angel smiles sadly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "He's still on earth, hopefully living a happy life."

Teary eyed, I look up. "Please, can't I at least see him?"

The demon groans. "Trust me buddy, it's better that you don't. It'll only hurt you more."

The air around me seems to get thicker, and I start to cough.

"You can't be here much longer," the angel looks me in the eyes. "You have to move on."

"Where do I go next?" My voice is shaking.

The angel frowns, their voice softening. "Well..."

"You're coming with me, let's go, chop chop." The demon pulls my arm aggressively, poking me with one of his wings.

"Wha- why? How? What did I do wrong?" Crumpling to the ground, I curl into a ball, tears staining my cheeks.

"I'm so sorry," the angel says, "It's really not your fault."

"The high demon said you're special, something about the way you died." The tan demon glares at me, beginning to get annoyed."

The clouds around me start to close in, making the air thicker. The strange smoke works like a gas, knocking me out in seconds.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

I wake up in a much nicer place than before, laying on a huge bed in a grand bedroom with massive tapestries and fluffed pillows.