Chapter 8: Vendetta

Later in a hotel room

Barry was in bed with Helena sleeping.

She was cuddled into Barry with an arm wrapped around him.

Helena had gotten up and Barry moved and saw her leave.

Later in an alley

Barry saw Helena about to shoot someone and he jumped down from the roof and did a backflip down bumping into her and knocking the shot off.

Barry fired an arrow back and got Helena out of there when they shot back at them.

Barry held her against a wall so that they couldn't shoot them.

He was in his arrow suit holding his bow and she pushed him back and says "Take your hands off me."

Barry asks "What the hell do you think you were doing?"

Helena says "That man was the leader of the Triad. My father blames them for the recent hits against his men."

Barry says "These are men you killed."

Helena says "That's right. I take out Zhishan and the Triad retaliates. I've weakened my father's organization... to the point where there's no way he can survive their onslaught."

Barry says "What, and then you have your revenge?"

Helena says "Then I have justice. For what he did to Michael and me."

Barry says "It's not justice."

Helena asks "And what you do is?"

Barry asks "Would you let me show you?'

They stare at each other for a few seconds.

Later at Big Belly Burger

Barry ordered drinks.

Carly was his waitress and she asks "Can I get you anything else?"

Barry says "No, thank you, Carly."

Carly asks "Where's my brother-in-law? It's late and this is the Glades. Shouldn't he be keeping you safe?"

Barry says "She's tougher than she looks." as he looks at Helena and back at Carly.

Helena had a small smirk

Barry says "I haven't been on a second date in a while. Feels good so far."

Helena smiled and says "Look, we slept together and it was really nice, and I needed it. But, um, I'm not looking for anything."

Barry says "Right, because you have everything figured out."

Helena says "I don't think you're one to judge. I saw you kill people, remember."

Barry says "I kill people when it is absolutely necessary. It's not my opening move. And the way you're going, you're gonna get somebody hurt... like my mother or yourself."

Helena says "I'm sorry about your mother. That was an accident."

Barry asks "And how many accidents have to happen before you're done getting back at your father?"

Helena says "Hopefully none. But I am not getting back at him. I am stripping away everything that has meaning to him... just like he did to me when he had Michael killed."

Barry says "What if I show you another way? A way to that you could take down your father's organization... without putting innocent people at risk?"

Helena looks down and back at him and says "Thank you for the coffee... and the sex, but I am not interested."