Miltia: "Only you could manage to insult me by belittling yourself. Have a bit of pride in your work."

Melanie just scoffs at this.

Melanie: "Need I remind you we've only started working here because it was either this or deal with that overbearing mother of ours. We have nowhere else to go to."

Miltia: "I didn't forget... but we still managed to make something out of it here, didn't we? That's worth something."

Melanie: "I just don't want Y/N think he can do this regularly. Telling him he got 'talent' would definitely be sending him the wrong message."

Miltia: "Hmm? He's just a part-timer and studying at Beacon to be a Huntsman. Why would he want to stick with this in the long term?"

Melanie goes quiet for a bit before responding.

Melanie: "To prove to himself that he can."

Miltia sighs at this.

Miltia: "So, like you?" 

Melanie smiles at this.

Melanie: "Yep. Like me." 

(Later On)

After finishing his task, Y/N finds the nightclub to be unusually quiet. It's still packed with customers, but there's a certain stillness to it all, like they're wary of their surroundings.

Y/N: "What's going on?"

It's only when he hears Melanie's voice behind him.

Melanie: "Y/N!"

Y/N: "Hey, Mel-"

Before he can continue, Melanie blocks his mouth with her hand, gesturing him to keep his voice down.

Melanie: "Come with me, quick!"

Y/N: "What the-?"

She then drags him to the nearest corner of the nightclub, hiding behind some cover. Melanie turns to Y/N as she whispers.

Melanie: "Shut up, keep your head down and do NOT do anything to stand out."

Y/N: "W-What's going on?"

Melanie: "Trouble, that's what!"

Y/N and Melanie both look to where Miltia is as she's talking to someone, which is Glynda.

Y/N: ("Glynda? What she's doing?")

Miltia: "I assure that's not the case."

Glynda: "Are you sure? Because from what we have gathered, it seems like the incident that happened here that involved a semblance user around the age of one of our students."

Miltia: "If there had been any proof of a student being involved in the fight or employed here, you wouldn't be here questioning us. You'd be here with the police."

Glynda: "So, you would have me believe that student trained in the use of their semblance just happened to waltz in here and got offered a job?"

Miltia: "Wouldn't be the first time."

Glynda: "I'd like to speak with this person."

Junior steps into their discussion.

Junior: "Sadly, they don't work here anymore. After the incident, we had no choice but to ban them for good."

Glynda stare at the two before sighing.

Glynda: "I see. Nothing to it, then. I'll take my leave."

Back with Y/N and Melanie, Y/N asks.