Chapter 24

(Forever Fall Forest)

All the first-year teams are now camping in the Forever Fall Forest for Professor Peach's survival course, amazed by the forest's beauty. Glynda, one of the chaperones explains today's assignment.

Glynda: "Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful

Glynda: "Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we're not here to sight-see. Professor Peach assigned you all to gather sap from the trees deep inside the forest. Now, get to work." 

She gestures them to collect their jar, which Y/N spot Jaune carrying a large case of jars as he approaches Team CRDL. After that, Glynda approach Weiss and Ruby.

Glynda: "I would like discuss something with you two."

As Glynda pull them aside, Ruby looks back at Y/N and the others while, Weiss merely glance back at them. Meanwhile, Y/N look at Jaune with some level of concern only to stare daggers at Cardin and his team, especially Cardin. The rest of JNPR, especially Pyrrha stare after their leader as Cardin wrap his arm around Jaune, steering him to a different path of the forest.

Cardin: "Come on, Jauney Boy. Let's go 'find' some saps."

 As Jaune and Team CRDL leave, Y/N continues to glare at Cardin. Blake, walking next to Y/N, take notice of this.

Blake: "You okay, Y/N?"

Y/N snap back to awareness as he turns her attention to Blake.

Y/N: "Oh, it's nothing. Just wondering how a guy like Cardin manage to attend Beacon."

Blake looks back at Team CRDL before looking back to Y/N.

Blake: "Your guess is as good as mine." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Back with Glynda, she goes to explain to Ruby and Weiss.

Glynda: "We are making unusual preparations to swap teams. The two of you are still partners temporarily and must work together as much as you can."

Ruby takes the suggestion seriously and when Weiss makes a dry witty remark about Ruby. 

Weiss: "Which won't be for long, thankfully."

Ruby manages to stomach it peacefully. Not wanting to cause anymore friction, Ruby asks.

Ruby: "Okay, Weiss. Why don't you take the lead instead?"

Weiss smiles at this.

Weiss: "Well, I'm glad to take the offer. Let's go, then."

She begins to hand out instructions to Ruby while Y/N, Blake, and Yang watches them several meter away. Later on, Ruby and Weiss begin to have small talk with one another.