Ch. 3 | A Guardian Rises Arc | Moments Before the Match, Time For Some Training

A/n: yeesh, I haven't updated this story since July? That's a yikes. Sorry about that, guys. I have no idea what happened. I was drawing a hard blank with what to write, not sure why. I guess It's because more of it will be original then I'm used to.

What's the Crucible?

It's been nearly a day sense team punching bag, aka Fireteam CRDL, has issued their challenged towards the new Guardian named Y/n, and it's already the top topic around the Tower and city. Many can't wait to watch this fight go down, and some are even placing bets, while others just want to watch team CRDL get their asses handed to them again. Why? Because it never gets old. Right now we can see as Adora, Catra and the boy in question sitting at one of the many picnic tables at the lounge area of the Tower.

Y/n: with his arms crossed, "okay, let me get this straight. The Crucible is basically an arena that takes place in simulated space, which could change to any place in the solar system that we've been to." they nod, "in this match, Guardians can face each other in a friendly competitive setting for sport. Which some use as a means to test themselves against other Guardian." again they nod, "within it are these different events called 'Game Modes' that each have their own set of rules and restrictions. These can be anything from a set of 'respawns' to a single 'life' which are things we don't need to worry about because we can be revived by our ghosts." they nod again, "these matches are typically held between Fireteams, which can total up to 16 members in total, or in 1 v 1 matches." they nod again, "ok, so how does that help me? I don't have a Fireteam."

Adora: "well, that's the thing. Special rules can be made to allow Guardians, like yourself, to participate in these matches. As long as both parties agree, of course."

Catra: "plus, I all can depend on which Game Mode is chosen."

Adora: "if I had to guess, they'll more than likely chose Team Wipe."

Y/n: raises his eyebrow, "which is what exactly?"

Catra: "Team Wipe is, as the name suggests, is a Game Mode where the winner is determined by which ever team completely eliminates the other. Typically, everyone has one 'life' but more lives can be added."

Adora: "they'll more than likely pick it since those idiots love to think they're hot shit, plus you don't have a Fireteam. This is so they can give you extra lives, to make it more fair. Well, not by choice. Shaxx will probably add that one."

Y/n: "anything else I did to know before the match?"

Adora: "well-"

Y/n: "and no, I don't mean their weapons, abilities, tactics and so on. I just mean about the match or anything related to it. I rather fight a fair match."

Catra: "hehe, competitive are we?"

Y/n: "you can say that."

Adora: "truthfully, it isn't fair to begin with, but I doubt you'll back down because you're out numbered." Y/n then looks at her with a cocky smile and shakes his head, "yeah, I figured. You haven't been one for long, and you're already acting like a Titan. Hehe, anyways. There's not much outside of your abilities.... oh, but we do need to upgrade your gear at one of the Tower's many shops. Your armor and weapons are....... outdated to say the least."

Y/n: looks at his armor and rifle, "yeah. You have a point there, but I don't have uhhh..... Glimmer? I think that's what my ghost called it."

Catra: "yeah, we call it Glimmer and don't worry. We'll help you out with that."