Chapter: 8

I was ready standing in the training room for the fight but there were only Ryanders who now were glaring at me as if they would eat me alive for their dinner they were just holding back because I was with Rudra. Then the training room door opened I thought that it was Maya but it was Ansh I felt my eyes go wide then I turned to ask Rudra that why in the hell Ansh was here but seeing my face he got it so he answered 'I called him telling him what all happened and to shove some common sense in your brain' at that I chuckled he saw me in confusion so I answered his unasked question 'You really thought by bringing him here and he would take me back to palace so that I won't fight today. Unfortunately your calculation went wrong because he came to your call to see me win and cheer me' my one corner of mouth went up 'Why do you think so? I know him he has come here to take you away and stop the fight to protect you' he said in low voice. Ansh came straightly to me with serious face and stopped in front of us, turned to Rudra 'Thank you Rudra for informing me about this'. Turned to me 'Best of luck sister and show her she can't talk anything about you like that. By the way it would be fun to see a well-known Ryander lose a fight by a Suraksha and that too my sister then I would be a proud brother' he said that. I hugged him because I wanted him to be proud of me and he is the only person that matter to me who should always be happy. I released him from my hug and 'Thank you brother, I wanted you to actually see this fight. Now I have a motive more than just to show her, I have make you proud brother' I said. I saw behind Ansh that Maya was already there, so I sidestepped Ansh and then there was big bang open of big doors of the training room. I had never seen that person before not even in the dining hall, came straightly to me and stopped 'So you are the Suraksha who has challenged Maya' he said. He had a husky voice then I looked at him, he had one eye green and another gold. His blond hair was tied in a braid which now was over his shoulder, he was angry or something else I could not figure out because he was clenching his jaw now. I nodded 'I am Meera and Suraksha' I said by raising my chin 'I am Gansaja and I am your fights' umpire' he said and left.

I was standing right in front of Maya. We were now in the circle, 'Hear me out fighters' Gansaja said 'This fight is not a real fight so there will be no blood shed and you will be provided weapons choose one of your choice. If the weapon is not carried by the opponent the fight won't be stopped either the opponent should be thrown out of the circle or the weapon should be with the opponents' neck, is it clear?' he said and he looked at me 'Yes' I said, a big plate full of weapons was brought to each of us with same number of weapons, I looked at it there were daggers, short knives, kiot and two big axes. I picked kiot and she picked two axes. There was one bell 'Get ready girls' Gansaja said I positioned my left leg ahead and my kiot in front of my chest. Maya did the same but she had two axes, I was a little bit afraid of how was I going to compete with Maya who was good at fights and nothing else than killing. Then I heard a bell and then all I felt was shift in air, she was just like a metal splash, her axe came first at my left I blocked it with my kiots' hammer side and caught the axe back flipped. The axe was on the ground then I leveled my gaze to my opponent Maya who was now in rage, then there was swift motion and the axe was at my left arm. That was took away, blood gushed out and now my rage was raising to my face. Then I heard 'Maya is in real danger now' I think it was Ansh and yes she was. I did not stop at the cut because it did not even hurt anymore so I took the other side of my kiot in swift motion I just showed her that I was going to hit her leg that made her to lift her right leg and that was my opening I took that as advantage, hit her axe as her grip was loose there. It fell on the floor with a thud and her concentration was on me now so I threw my kiot to Ansh so that opponents should be of same level. We were now bare handed, I took my stance and then I smiled. She came half way , I came half way we clashed. I locked my arm around her waist and she had locked her hands around my neck. I tried to pull her up but she was strong, she lifted me suddenly in air and smacked me down on my back I actually did not get how she did it? But she did it and was now trying to drag me out of the circle but I locked my arms around her leg. She went down that was the only chance for me to throw her out of the circle so when she went down in shock I moved swiftly on my feet and threw her out of the circle with the leg I had held, I left it and stood in the same position. I heard Gansaja announcing 'Meera has won the match' and then there were whispers, I heard Maya coming to her feet. I turned and ran to her put my arms around, my throat was closed I could not say anything 'So you proved that I am not good at looking at people' she said I scoffed, 'No I never wanted prove that you are just the person I want as a friend and I did this to make my brother proud of me for the first time, to see him smiling purely today after so many days. Thank you' I said and released her from hug. Saw her wide eyed I did not know why but she was shocked or surprised. Then a hand came on my shoulder I turned and hugged my brother, he laughed 'Good fight sister, I clearly enjoyed it and this match was a real match' he said pulling back and nodded to Maya who was looking at us. Rudra came up beside Maya whispered something and she left us. Then Ansh said he had to meet Gansaja so he too excused himself, it was only me and Rudra he turned to me 'You really are a good competitor' he said raising an eyebrow and folding his arm across his chest 'I told you' I said and continued 'I am sorry to put up a fight with your best friend like this on the first day itself at the quarters' I lowered my eyes to my shoes, 'You shouldn't be sorry for it when you did it for your self-respect' he said that made me look into his eyes and I found truth in his eyes 'After what my brother said there, you thought I did it for self-respect but no I did this only to make my brother proud and bring the smile back which was lost 3 years back' I said his eyes went wide and then softened 'I am sorry to not consider it in front of you as I knew it was the only reason you were fighting there' he said and turned to leave but I cleared my throat. He stopped and turned to me 'Call everyone in a room, I want to talk to them about something really important till I go to infirmary' I said and left him standing there. I found Ansh standing near the door- waiting for me to leave with him for infirmary and smiled at me by leaning against the door I smiled at the way my brother looked so handsome and annoying at the same time. I went to him without a word he offered me his arm and I took it we walked out from there.

                                                                                     Author's note

Letss goo guysss one more chapter!!! It's a bit late!! But yeahhh I will be publishing new chapters every now and then form now onwards!! If you guys have something to suggest or any questions you may dm me..

Toodles for now!