~4~

My head ached as I opened my eyes. I sat up in a bed that wasn't mine. I quickly noticed the beautiful yet simplistic engravings on the furniture around belonging to Mythland. How did I get here? And where are the kids?!
I jumped out of the bed and ran out of the room. I raced down the empty corridors (and let me tell you these corridors are rarely ever empty). My mind is spinning and my heart is racing. Then I hear Vythis' laugh and I stop. I took a few steps back to the door where the laugh came from.
I slowly pushed it open and a bright light flashed. The nursery was lit by the orange glow of flames. Two soldiers in the nursery. One grabbing onto Vythis and the other holding Zy and Ty. They jumped out the window as soon as they saw us. "DADDY!!!".

I snapped out of my trance. Vythis was hugging me as tight as she could. "Daddy I was scared you wouldn't wake up". I hugged her back, tears streaming down my face as I remembered what happened.

The screams of people as the city was being evacuated, the strange purplish blood on my axe, Lizzie being pulled back the tendrils, Zy and Ty somehow fast asleep in her arms.

"Uncle Sausage and Mr Fwhip have been playing with me" she said. I shot a glance at the two. "Thank you" I mumbled. "Come play with us" she whined pulling me towards the space where she and Sausage had been drawing.

"Give me a minute, I need to talk to Mr Fwhip" I said. "Okaaaay" she pouted. "Come on Vythis let's finish our drawing competition" Sausage said.

Fwhip walked out of the room with me. "We found you on the shore line with Vythis, you've been unconscious for 3 days now" he explained as soon as the door was closed. "I remember that, that's not what I wanted to ask you" I snapped.

"Then what?" Fwhip asked "How long have you and Sausage been dating?" I asked flatly. Fwhip looked taken aback. "We're not dating, what makes you think that?!" He asked exasperated. "I noticed it since the quadrant meeting, the way you two look at each other, how quick he was to pull you out of the way of the support beam but no one else, how you huddled up to him like a baby for 20 seconds after that" I explained.

"Uhm well that's... Shubble and Katherine would do that for each other and they're not dating" Fwhip defended himself. "And you are wearing a scarf in 90° weather to hide the love bites but there is still a huge one that's very visible" I added. He quickly pulled up his scarf to cover it up.

"It'll be four months in a week from now" he mumbled. "Does Gem know?" I asked. "No" he muttered seeming a bit ashamed. "Don't worry I won't tell" I said putting my hand on his shoulder. "Thanks" he croaked barely audible.

We went back in and Vythis immediately pulled me over to her 'art station'. Fwhip whispered something to Sausage and he shot a surprised glance at me. "Daddy, we're having an art competition and I'm gonna win" Vythis said handing me a pencil and paper.

I forced on a smile for her despite knowing not a thing about art. I just doodled a small flower on my paper and just watched her. Sausage and Fwhip had huddled together on the sofa. I took a quick glance out the window and a familiar ship was coming over the horizon.

"We have ourselves company"....

The door opened once again and the guard entered with food. My food had been sitting piled up in a corner slowly rotting and molding. Jimmy let out a little shriek and the guard turned to look at him.

"What's your problem?" The guard spat. "I think I saw a rat" he said sheepishly. The guard groaned and walked over to Jimmy to check. Suddenly Jimmy grabbed him by the hair and smashed his head into the wall. Before he could yell, Jimmy kicked him over the head. He fell to the ground, blood spilling out of his mouth.

I was shocked, I was a bit taken aback when I saw him fighting at the meeting hut this was a new level. He took the keys from the guard's belt and released himself from the shackles. He did his best to avoid the blood and released me.