17

"I don't know Deus im starting to doubt my decisions but I feel like this is my last chance at a big move," Daniel said into the phone.

Amadeus sat on his living room floor as he watched Daniel pace his kitchen.

"Look Daniel in my opinion Renault is willing to prioritize you and support you as a driver McLaren isn't they have Lando,  he's their golden child, so if he ends up outperforming you I need you to know that they will not hesitate to let you go. both are teams in the midfield except one of them is willing to support you." amadeus spoke seriously.

"I don't know mate im getting old I want to achieve something,"

"Daniel don't sign with a midfield team and expect a championship car, My opinion is to stay in Renault, don't let your impatience be your downfall."

"Says the guy that has never stayed in a team longer than two years" Daniel tries to joke

amadeus grimaces slightly

"do what you feel is right but know that I don't think a move to McLaren is gonna yield the results you think it will, i drove that car trust me it is very different to the Redbull"

"yet you almost won them the constructors"

"Danny"

" they're giving me till July to decide I will let you know... hows Carlos feeling about his move to Ferrari"

"I mean it's Ferrari it's his dream so he's obviously excited, who would refuse an offer like that," amadeus says. 

daniel looks at him he can see the slight worry on his face.

"you are worried, I feel like there's a but coming?.." Daniel says

"It's just, I've always wanted Carlos to be in a team that won't pick a favorite. I  worry about the way Ferrari favors Leclerc, if it happens they will be holding him back"

"don't worry too much Carlos is as good as Charles and he has consistency he will be okay"

"yeah I know that just some concerns you know"

"How did you decide to leave McLaren"

"it was the first time I got to choose where to go, they wanted me and I wanted to leave the UK it was a no brainer"

just as he said that the front door opened and Andrey burst in with Leo in tow.

"Honey im home!!" Andrey said out loud.

amadeus rolled his eyes making Daniel smile.

"your favorite person is also here," said a voice that Daniel couldn't recognize. His accent was thick.

He watched as a brown-haired boy showed up on his screen. He couldn't see his face but He watched Amadeus's eyes light up as the boy engulfed him in a hug.

"I thought you were stuck in Amsterdam"

"nope, I came back a couple of days ago, and I'll be staying here for a while didn't want my favorite birthday boy to celebrate alone."

Leo said as he pulled back from the hug patting Amadeus's face softly.

daniel swallowed roughly, he was missing amadeus and all of this made him feel weird and uncomfortable.

"Okay, Deus I will let you be, happy birthday mate," he said quickly.

"thank you Danny please keep me updated" he smiled softly at his screen as the call ended.

andrey_romani

andrey_romani  Happy 23rd deus

andrey_romani Happy 23rd deus. The brother I never asked for. Im not gonna be emotional because I'm sick of your face but I do love you.

comments:

carlossainz55 not even a couple of months into this he cut his own hair. 

---> andrey_romani he has not only cut his own hair but he has forced me into letting him cut mine. i had to take away the scissors when he got to Mr fluffy.

Leo_janssens it's pretty boys' day

----> Andrey_romani stop saying that it will get to his big head.

....

daniel was staring at his phone. Who was that Leo guy? He clicked on his profile trying to figure it out. 

He was a musician, his Instagram was littered with concerts and backstage photos. His latest was what caught Daniel's eye

The caption read: Happy birthday Deus to all the old times and to all the new.

 It was a recent video of him and amadeus. They sat in front of one another amadeus was playing the guitar as Leo sang a song that Daniel never heard before. They sounded good but unserious. They were smiling through it. Amadeus was focused on the guitar as a solo came along but the boy in front of him stared only at him with what Daniel could only describe as love eyes. it made his chest ache.  

The next video was a low-quality one. They looked like they were in some sort of studio. A young amadeus showed up on the screen with flowing black hair and a guitar sitting in his lap. He was playing a few riffs. 

"Play the other one again the one you did before this" 

the camera moved towards the voice. A young messy messy-haired Andrey popped up. He was holding a saxophone and playing along when amadeus played the riff again. When the camera panned back to amadeus. The brown-haired boy was now in the frame holding the guitar as amadeus appeared to scribble things down.  could hear giggling coming from whoever was filming. Amadeus suddenly looked up with a fake frown.

"no filming our creative process please, no phones allowed," young amadeus said into the camera. Leo looked at him with a soft smile and then stared at the camera.

"come on put it away we need our drummer now"

a loud laugh was heard then the video ended.

there was a story there. it seems that every time Daniel gets closer to amadeus he realizes how little he knows about him, and he wants to know everything. why tho? why did he care who Leo was? or what he meant to amadeus?

Fucks sake Daniel doesn't know what these feelings are.

 Maybe he should get a girlfriend...yeah Daniel just needed to get a girlfriend.

.....