3

Daniels pov:

The car dnfs, which was not what Daniel had hoped for in his home race.

He was now watching the race on a big screen with Carlos and Grosjean, both of whom had DNFS.

As they neared the finish line, he observed the ongoing battle between Max and Amadeus. Amadeus had been playing great defense the entire race, and Max was getting frustrated.

Daniel could tell Max was becoming agitated, which usually does not bode well for whoever is ahead of him.

He watched as they entered turn three and Max closed in on Amadeus, forcing him off the track.

"fuck" Carlos whispered next to him.

Amadeus rejoined the race, but Vettel had already passed him.

He got him back by the last lap and that was the end of it.

the cameras switched to Max now removing his balaclava and shaking hands with Lewis who placed p2.

....

Later in the media pen

As Daniel walked over to congratulate Max, he noticed a figure hurrying around the corner away from the cameras.

He took a small step towards it.

He could see Amadeus behind one of the pillars, his back was hunched as he threw up into a bin.

Before he could approach him, he noticed Sandra rubbing his back.

he felt it wasn't his place, so he left them alone.

....

Carlos pov:

After completing his media duties. Carlos met his mother in his motorhome, where he and Lando sat and talked about the race.

Carlos sat on the small couch next to Reyes, while Lando sat in front of them on the massage table.

Charlotte entered the room just as Lando was about to add something to the conversation.

she was talking on the phone

"ye- yes, don't worry, I'll tell him, go home, Sandra, yes, I will let him know....bye"

She hung up the phone.

"Is everything okay?" Carlos asked as Charlotte seemed stressed.

"Yeah, I was just talking to Sandra, she's worried about Amadeus,  he puked his guts out 10 minutes ago. She told me to tell you since you are the only person he listens to anymore."

"Dios mio, Carlos, I asked you to let me know if he's doing badly" Reyes exclaimed.

"Thank you, Charlotte; I'll go check on him," he said as she nodded.

"Please let me know if he's okay, and don't forget that the two of you and all the drivers are having a dinner to mark the start of the season."

He nodded as Charlotte exited the room

Ryes appeared to be on edge now.

"Hey, is he okay? Will he be coming to the diner?" Lando interjected. He had never said anything to Amadeus, but he was intrigued, and even though they weren't that far in age, he looked up to the guy.

"I'm sure he's fine, Lando, but we're going now," Carlos said, slowly getting up, and Reyes followed him out.

As he approached the door of Amadeus Motorhome, he could hear loud shuffling and a loud curse being thrown.

He was about to knock when Reyes gently held his arm back.

"Hey, let me.."

When the noise died down, she gently knocked on the door.

A low "come in" was heard.

When she opened the door, she was greeted by a surprisingly neat room. Except for the boy

sitting on the couch, everything was in order.

Amadeus was sprawled on the couch, his arm dangling from the edge holding a cigarette.

Carlos trailed behind his mother as he observed Amadeus's mask slip onto his face as he quickly sat up, a soft smile gracing his features.

"I missed you why didn't you tell me you were coming Carlos I would have showered," he said jokingly as she pulled him into a hug. As he hugged her he looked to Carlos pointing at him with the cigarette towards the ashtray so he could put it out.

Carlos quickly did that before his mom turned to him.

"I saw that, what did I tell you deus it's not good for you"

Reyes sat next to him holding his face with both hands

she pulled back to look at the boy properly.

"I missed you.. what is it that I hear about you not eating," she says pinching his cheeks

"Ah I see Sandra is already telling the world" Carlos chuckled at that as he sat on the chair next to them.

"she's just worried carino and so are we" Amadeus's face was smiling but his eyes were tired his bags showing.

"I know I'm okay don't worry it was just a stomach bug " he smiled as Reyes ruffled his hair.

"you need to shower, I will get your things ready and we can move together hows that sound?"

"That sounds great thank you," he said kissing her cheek and leaving to the bathroom.

as he turned to leave Carlos caught a glimpse of the moon tattoo on his ribs.

he had gotten it for Laila just last year. he remembers mocking him for it

"What if you guys break up what then idiot... won't you regret it," he chuckled

"I would never regret it"

they heard the bathroom door close.

"he's lost weight, but he doesn't seem to be as bad as last time"

"yeah I guess so"

"what is it Carlito"

"It's nothing mama don't worry"

"okay later well talk"

she looked at her son knowingly then started packing Amadeus things like she had done for Carlos many times before.

carlos sat there for a minute, one thing he knew for sure was that Amadeus Sevilla was a liar, he wasn't okay at all.

An//

all conversation between Carlos, Reyes, and Amadeus is in Spanish I am lazy use ur imagination.

also let me know what u think so far.