CHAPTER FIVE

After King Roland announces the date for the ball, preparations were made the very next day. Everyone was excited to celebrate this new milestone for everyone. Guest lists were set, invitations were sent and rooms were getting ready for those who were staying at the castle. Even the village was very excited about the ball, even though they wouldn't be attending. 

Sofia was walking through the village when she spots her friends, piles of paper in their hands. 

"Hey guys what cha doing?" Sofia asks.

"We are putting flyers up about your engagement ball," Jade says handing her a flyer. 

"Oh," Sofia says, with an uneasy chuckle.

"Sofia are you okay?' Ruby says, sensing her friend's un easiness. 

"In all honesty, I am quite nervous about all this. It's coming why too quick for me." Sofia says, fiddling with the paper in her hands. 

"It's going to be okay Sofia. Everything will be fine." Lucinda says, giving Sofia a hug. 

"Thanks. James and Amber think I should tell Dad to call it off because they don't like Hugo and stuff. They kinda hate me for sticking up for him." 

"Well then they are just horrible," Jade says, with a nod of her head. 

"I guess," Sofia says, looking down. She then looks up. "You guys do get to spend two nights at the castle for the ball. Dad said it'll be fine." 

"Really?!" They all say together. 

Sofia nods. "Yep. You guys will arrive when all the other royals staying with us arrive." 

"This is gonna be so cool." 

Sofia hung around with her friends for a little more before deciding to head back to the castle. 

A couple of days before the ball, Roland tells his children that Desmond and Hugo were invited over for dinner before the day. Sofia was excited to see Hugo but also scared of what trouble Amber and James would stir. She looked through her many dresses and gowns and found a tule white gown with a purple sash. 

She pulled it on. She picked out some purple sandal heals. She pulled her hair into a stylish bun before placing a silver leaf-like tiara. She put some pink lip gloss on before heading downstairs. With a deep breath, she heads out to where her family was. 

"My Sofia, you look stunning," Roland says.

"Thanks, Dad," Sofia says with a smile. 

Trumpets then sounded. Sofia turned her attention out to where flying coaches landed in front of the grand staircase of the castle. 

"Presenting from the kingdom of Alperque, The crowned Prince, Prince Desmond. And presenting from the kingdom of Wilshire, Prince Hugo." Bailiwick announces. 

Hugo walks over to Roland and Miranda and says hello before going over to Sofia. Once all the welcomes and hellos were done, everyone headed inside the large meal that was prepared. Everyone sat down and began eating and talking. 

"So Hugo, Desmond, getting excited for the ball," Miranda asked.

"Yeah, but there are going to be a lot of people there so that makes me a little nervous," Desmond replies. 

"Same old Des," James says. 

"I'm not really one to change James." Desmond then is. 

"Yes, but some love doing it." Amber mumbles. 

Sofia hears it and slouches slightly in her seat. The rest of the dinner was pretty regular. Sofia and Hugo were having a conversation of their own, and James and Amber were doing something that would throw Sofia over the edge.