After that, it's easy hopping around and then getting to the top of the highest pointed roof on this city. Coincidentally, the highest one here is the church itself which looks like it has been carved out of a mountain itself.

It's still in the middle of the day, but no one is looking up so I can just look around and see whatever is happening.

"Oh..."

It might have been worse. Most people are staying on their home, and there are barely any people walking the streets. The only ones outside are a lot of patrolling armored knights who have some holy symbols on their outfits.

Hmm.... it truly became a strict place.

Looks very exciting!

"Hm?"

Wait, those two are familiar.

Aren't those the Alexia Midgar and Rose Oriana? What are they doing here?

I saw them being heavily escorted by some of the knights in holy symbols and other men with those religious robes. They are being led to some of the larger buildings on this city, likely an inn of some sorts.

Interesting. I want to see what's up with that!

With that plan settled, I quickly jumped on the rooftops and get to that building quickly.

*Scene Break*

Alexia is feeling irritated.

Since the heavy humiliation this church acquired due to the invasion of the group known as the Shadow Garden, they put the whole city into a state of lockdown. Everyone who are inside will be heavily monitored until they deemed them safe. As for those who are suspected, they will be killed without any mercy.

Alexia felt heavily dubious of this treatment. She has only come here due to the rumors about the Archbishop knowing about the Cult that the Shadow Garden seems to be against with. Though it is unfortunate when they found out that the Archbishop has already been found dead.

The Acting Archbishop is the one who replaced him, and he seems to be very suspicious. He kept trying to blocked every attempts of her to investigate.

Other than that, she is also acting as a royal guest for the Goddess' Trial. It's supposed to be a sideshow for her as she thinks of how to get past the Acting Archbishop's cautious gaze, though it turned into a chaos after an elf calling herself as Boudica shows up and challenged the Goddess' Trial.

Surprisingly, it even summoned a hero who practically mirrored her appearance. The church refuses to tell the name of the hero, despite the challenger elf herself claiming it to be Olivier.

Olivier is known to be a man, and one of the three heroes who defeated the Demon Diablos based on the myths. So most people disregarded her words as nonsense.

Though the fight did happen, and that elven challenger somehow manages to defeat that female heroic spirit. After that, the Door of Welcoming opens up for her.

The rest that happened is a lot more chaotic. Members of the Shadow Garden appears and shamelessly entered the door to the sanctuary. They even took the Acting Archbishop and that random elven author as a hostage, leaving the two princesses alone.

They would have scram out of this place then and there if not for the holy knights that followed. They were forcefully escorted to their inn, and monitored 24/7. After that, the rest is history.

She wonders what they did within that sanctuary, and what did those Shadow Garden people want from it. Is there really a deep conspiracy within this church?

She can't prove anything. She can't even do anything about it!

".... Are you alright?" She perks up as she heard her fellow princess' concerned question.

"Well... I am far from being fine!" She simply stated with a click of her tongue. "It's been a few weeks now, and they are still locking us down here like we're criminals!" She gritted her teeth.

"... Yes. I felt this is an unjust treatment for us royal guests.... though I felt curious why our countries are not doing anything about it." Rose responded as she looks contemplative.

Just like what she said. They are part of the royal family. Even if the Church of Beatrix has a greater influence all over the continent, it still can't contend against the authority of a nation itself.

So how come no one is bailing them out of here? This would have quickly turned into a political issue normally!

Alexia goes to her bed and laid there with her limbs sprawled. Not caring even if she looks undignified.

"I'll sleep. Tell me if it's time to eat..."

This is what she is doing after giving up on goading the guarding knights to let her leave. She already saw what kind of a futile effort it is.

As she is just drifting to sleep, she saw a pair of eyes looking down on her. They are practically sticking on the ceiling like a spider. They are hooded, and their body structure seems to be sculpted ideally for a woman.

"Huh!?" She gasped as she quickly stood up. Though when she blinks her eyes, that figure is already gone.

"What is it!?" Rose is startled at her sudden reaction.

"Did you see that!?"

"See what?"

Seeing Rose's cluelessness, Alexia just shakes her head before laying on the bed again.

"Nothing.... maybe I'm just tired..." She simply said with a sigh. 'What kind of idiot will hide themselves on top of a ceiling sprawled like that?' She thought, feeling a bit amused and at the same time, weirded out at that imagination.