prologue

The scent of diesel drifted over the track, scores of people eager to watch the much anticipated race that they had come for

Street racing had always been underground in South Korea, what with the country's tight laws and regulations as well as the conformity practiced in the nation. The normal cars that were on the streets were nearly always grey or black, no neons or pastels decorated the roads. 

Despite the strictness, the racing scene had grown rather well and whilst the occassional bribe to the police was necessary to keep things smooth, the racers were left alone, given the freedom to zoom across in the dead of nights.

"Ready?"

Lee Minho was only one of a few that was witness to this world. Mechanics he was excellent at, and it was for this reason that so many fervent young racers came to him for their automobiles to be fixed. The boy could do wonders, and there was no better mechanic than him. 

It was an added bonus that he was handsome, gifted with cat-like features and a snarky tongue, he was extremely popular with the crowd.

"Yeah," CB97 massaged his hands slightly, watching the audience roar, some drunk, some simply high from the atmosphere. "Everything's been checked?"

"Did it myself, you're good to go," Minho watched his best friend - no, his brother. "You are okay with this, right? Because nobody's gonna blame you if you don't want to- "

"I have nothing to be afraid of," CB97 or Bang Chan interrupted. "I'm gonna win,"

"I don't lose,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

omg, omg, i'm back!

some of you may have seen the little post i put on my conversation thing (i really don't know what it's called), and i asked whether any of you were interested in a prequel/sequel of 'drift' that focused on bang chan and park seolhee's story, and i got so many responses that were very excited for it!

your wish is my command, people ;)

the story's going to be split into two parts: the first is when seolhee and chan were younger and their relationship back then and the second is when they reconcile when jisung and hyunji start dating.

whilst i don't think you need to read 'drift' to read this book, i would strongly reccomend it.

anyways, i really hope you guys enjoy reading this, and i think it's fitting that i'm writing another street racing book when 'fast x' has just been released!

strap in your seatbelts lads 'cos we're going for a ride!

lots of love and hugs

xx