Chapter 27: Knights & Johnsons Family Dinner

Depuis le début

When she heard this, there was a lag on Arya's beautiful face. A while after that, she snapped back to her senses. She could not help but look up and watch him in astonishment, her pink lips slightly parted.

"Xavier, you're really... really bad! Really evil!"

Xavier was smug. "This can even help them improve their friendship. Killing two birds with a stone is perfect. What argument could you possibly have against it?"

"I can't win an argument with you, but now I realize that you have a huge potential to become an unscrupulous businessman. I won't allow you to use these tactics against me in the future," Arya frowned as she glared at him and said.

"Fine, if you really fell for it, it will only reveal your self-awareness. You need to make up for that incredibly low IQ and EQ of yours that raises one's hackles, milady."

When he said this, Xavier walked away.

"Xavier, you're not allowed to indirectly call me stupid, you hear me?" Arya pulled a long face and followed him.

"But if I directly call you stupid, can you handle it?"

"You...!"

...

When they returned to Maple Residence, Bella and the rest had already rushed over. They had just reached the door when they saw that it was all lit up inside. Bella was directing Emma and the rest of the servants to decorate Maple Residence for the festivities and had even invited a hotel chef to complement Oliva's cooking in the kitXavier.

When he saw Robert enter, David and Michael went up to greet him. They pulled Robert to the sofa for an idle chat and tea right away, so there was basically nothing for Arya to do.

She saw Xavier take his blazer off and push his sleeves up while she walked around the living room and did not know what to do, so she called out to him,

"What are you doing?"

Xavier was wearing a tight black shirt at the moment. He unbuttoned his shirt sleeve as he rolled his sleeves up neatly and walked towards the kitXavier. He answered,

"I'm going to take a look in the kitXavier. James just called. There's heavy traffic on the way, so your mother will probably only reach later. You go play yourself or maybe chat with them."

"I'll be your second fiddle."

Arya did not know what to converse with them about, so she followed Xavier and entered the kitXavier.

At that moment, the four chefs in the kitXavier were busily preparing several main dishes, while Oliva was busy attending to some home-cooked specialties. When the married couple went in, the initially spacious kitXavier suddenly seemed claustrophobic.

When Oliva, who was about to start on another dish, saw Xavier and Arya who followed behind him, she asked,

"Why are you two here?"

"It's fine, Mother. Go out and accompany Father to chat with Grandpa. Leave this to me," Xavier said as he reached out to take the spatula in her hand.

"Mother, I'll just follow him. You go on out and have a seat." Arya smiled and nodded at Oliva.

Oliva's sharp gaze went back and forth the husband and wife, her eyes flickering a few times before she nodded.

"Okay then. I'll leave this to you two."

Arya nodded, then Oliva undid her apron before walking out.

When she saw Oliva's figure disappear at the door, Arya breathed a sigh of relief. She turned around and saw that Xavier had already begun cutting the vegetables.