Fix What is Broken

Izuku

"DAMMIT!" I groan as Bakugo shoots at me and I just barely dodge. My reaction times are down.

"You okay, Deku? Your times are down?" Katsuki raises an eyebrow and I shake my head. "Something on your mind?"

I groan again and lay down in the grass. I'm breathing heavily and it's hot outside even though the night time is coming. Todoroki leaves a little shower of ice crystals over me and I'm grateful for my friend in that moment.

"I just have a lot on my mind. And it's not helping with the training."

Bakugo and Todoroki lay down in the grass with me and they collectively sigh as well.

"Marinette?" They say in unison.

"No. Well...yes. But it's not just her. Like...how could we let the league go into a different dimension? It makes no sense to me. Were we that careless?"

The guys in either side don't say anything. Instead their silence allows me to hear about of footsteps coming towards us.

"That's our cue." Todoroki and Bakugo get up and start walking to where the others are. I sit up and I see Marinette sitting down in the grass next to me.

"Hey..." She starts.

"Hey..."

"I'm sorry!" We both say in unison.

"You go first." I say. She tries to tell me to go first but I insist.

"I'm sorry for following you when you don't want me to." Her eyes start to tear up and I immediately try and console her.

"Mare...it's not that I swear!"

She looks at me and I internally cringe at giving her a nickname when we hadn't even dated that long.

"Then...then what was it?"

"I...I couldn't leave you...so if I would have saw you then I would have stayed. If you would have asked me to...I mean they asked me to I wouldnt have been able to say no."

We're quiet for a minute because of the gravity of the statement I made. It sounded really serious.

Like real love.

Like I couldn't live without her.

Which in some aspects I guess I couldn't.

In 90% of them.

But heroes had to give things up too.

She reaches for my hand and I let her take it.

"It's beautiful outside isn't it?"

I smile. "It is."

Bakugo

"They're so sappy." Todoroki comments, chuckling.

"You'll find someone that makes you like that eventually." Kirishima comments. I don't think anyone misses the subtle glance towards Mina he gives.

Kiri had found his person.

Denki chuckles. "Well Marinette is adorable!"

I feel some type of way to hear Denki talk about Marinette that way. It doesn't really mean anything since he doesn't like her; but thats my best friend's girlfriend. Todoroki gives Denki a dirty look as well. It was different when Todoroki and I called her adorable because we knew her in a more personal way. On a way deeper level.

I was starting to warm up to him.

We watched as they talked and eventually got up to walk over to us.

"Her training is going pretty good. It's sad she won't get to use it once she leaves." Tokayami said quietly.

He seemed to have already become friends with Marinette as well. It made sense since they trained almost all day together.

"Well maybe it will help her with her kwami." I smile. "Or when she trains other people with kwamis."

"Does anyone else wonder why our powers work in her world but not hers in ours?"

"I assume it's because we're just that more powerful." I answer.

Deku and Marinette finally make their way over to us and I see my best friend with a ginormous smile on his face.

I was happy he was happy.

As long as he could smile so could I.

I look over at Todoroki and he's smiling.

That was our best friend.

I'm back 😭 finally. So sorry for the wait. But I promise I'm finishing this story. 😊

HELL OF A LINE YEAH I KNOW ITS HELLA FINE HELLS KITCHEN TASTIN DIVINE

🎶

ALL THIS SHITS SO BUSSIN

🎶

(finger lickin yeah we cookin up a super bowl IN THE KITCHEN MICHELIN IRRESISTIBLE open wide have a bite make it mine all the time)

Don't worry it's about a burger 🤪

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Iykyk