Foreign Feelings

Adrien

"Adrien are you still ignoring me? C'mon you had a day to stop being petty dude." Nino is trailing me as I walk up the steps of the school.
"I'm not being petty Nino I'm just pissed-"
"Pissed at what Adrien?" Nino grabs my hand and yanks me to face him. "Pissed because Marinette may or may not like a foreign exchange student who is honestly a really chill dude? C'mon grow up Adrien."
"I'm not pissed at that."
"That's utter bullshit Adrien. You know damn well your jealous. My question is why though? You didn't give a fuck about Marinette a month ago. So why are you getting invested now?"
"What do you mean I didn't give a fuck about Marinette?"
Nino takes of his glasses and rubs the bridge of his nose. The courtyard is getting full now so Nino lowers his voice so people don't hear what he has to say.
"I...I didn't mean that dude. It's just...Marinettes always been your friend."
"Yeah. Best girl friend. With a space..."
Nino looks up at the sky. "Exactly Adrien. With a space. And you know what that space is exactly?" I don't see his point and h sighs and groans. "It's a little thing called the friend zone." I can almost see the sparkles surrounding his statement.
"I...we are friends."
Nino groans. "Adrien c'mon don't be so effin dense." He looks around and pulls me close to his face. "You're simping so hard right now. You. Are. Jealous of Izuku. And it's kinda looking a little bitchy."
At times like these I wondered why I was friends with Nino but I somewhat appreciated his brutal honesty because no one else would give it to me. He was a good best friend but right now...right now I didn't want to hear what he was saying.
I didn't want to admit it. Nor would I ever admit it out loud but maybe I was amlottle jealous that Marinette's gaze lingered on Izuku a little longer than most. Or that he had his own little pet name. Or how she could clearly speak to him and she could clearly look at him and when she spoke and when she looked both were filled with complete bliss.
If I was being one hundred percent honest.
I wasn't jealous.
I was green with envy.
I was fucking raged with jealousy.
I never thought I'd fall for those bluebell eyes the way I did.
But it wasnt love in the way Nino thought it was.
Which is why I wouldn't admit I liked her.
Because it wasn't out of an admiration for the baker's daughter.
No.
I was jealous because it was him that she liked.
I was like a whiny five year old.
And she was like the shiny toy.
I was pissed because I didn't get Marinette to fall for me.
She fell for him.
She didn't look at me or gush for me like the other girls did.
It was a foreign feeling to have a girl look at me in no other ways other than as a friend.
It kind of infuriated me because what made him so much better than me.
And it was also irritating that the other girls found him attractive.
I was losing the spotlight.
And I would admit those feelings to Nip because that would classify me as a skadouche. A total prick.
I didn't want my friends to see me that way.
Especially not Marinette.
Because is some of ways she was the purest of all of us.
"Dude...I think you should maybe lay low for a bit. And try not to be an ass. Because yes I know your the soft boy but when you want to be you can be a jerk."
"I'll try-"
"Nino! Adrien!" Alya walks up to us with Marinette and Izuku in tow.
Marinette meets my eyes but she avoids Izuku's gaze.
I feel a twinge of guilt as I relish in the fact that they seem to be fighting.
That's real nice of you. Great job being a good friend.
Alya places a kiss on Nino's lips and I see Marinette's gaze quickly flick over to Izuku but he's messing with a loose thread on his hoodie.
"Hey Adrien you feeling better today. You ran off and I was worried I may have done something to upset you?" Izuku cocka his head slightly and gives me a concerning look.
I plaster on the smile of a model. "Oh I just had a family issue to deal with. I'm sorry to have concerned you."
Izuku's face lights up with a smile that would make my own father fire me.
He really is model material.
"I'm glad." He looks over to Marinette and places his finger on his chin in thought.
"That reminds me though Marinette what I am concerned about is the notes from Friday. Can you help me go over them."
Her blue eyes connect with his green ones. "Oh? Of course. We can go into class right now if you'd like."
"Yes please that would be wonderful. I appreciate it!" Izuku smiles again and I look over to see Marinette blush.
I hear a throat clear softly and Alya's face is flushed red. Even Nino is looking away and I see a slight embarrassment painting his face.
"What?" He whispered. "As a dude I can say he's gonna get some." Nino looks away and stares at anything but me.
"Your making it really hard for me to like him Nino. But...I'll be nice..."
For now.