The Family-Owned Clock Shop!

Bdubs's Perspective-

Bdubs smiled as he flipped the sign to say 'Open!'

He loved helping his family run their clock shop.

It had been in their family for generations.

Normally, Bdubs and his older brother, Scar, ran it, but today it was just Bdubs.

Scar was a year older than Bdubs, who was starting 9th grade after the summer was finished.

Scar and Bdubs always liked to stick together, as their home was getting worse and worse.

Their parents would do nothing but argue about the littlest things, and Bdubs and Scar were just waiting for their parents to get a divorce.

Bdubs sighed as he dusted off his apron as he stepped to the other side of the counter.

It was pretty slow for a couple of hours, until about noon.

Just half an hour until I can have lunch. Bdubs thought happily.

The bell at the door chimed and Bdubs looked up.

Two guys walked in.

One was holding a clock and had white hair that was tied into a ponytail, along with a wide smile.

The other wore a black mask and had short white hair. He was looking around at the other clocks in the store, looking bored.

"Hello!" The guy with the ponytail said when he walked up to the counter, "I'm Randy, and this is my son, Etho." He said, gesturing to the other male.

Bdubs smiled as he made eye contact with Etho, who nodded.

"I'm Bdubs." Bdubs said, shaking Randy's hand, "What can I help you with today?"

"Well, me and my son are in a bit of a predicament." He said, placing the clock on the counter.

It was a cracked and stained grandfather clock, and the glass was shattered.

"Oh cod, what happened?" Bdubs gasped.

"Well, Etho and I were trying to do some spring cleaning, and when dusting the clock, it fell off of the hook and shattered."

"It looks like it's been damaged long before today." Bdubs said, examining the clock.

"Yeah, those stains have been there for a while." Randy said, "Do you think you can fix it?"

Bdubs hummed, "Yeah, I think so. It'll just take a while, and I might have to get my father's help."

"That's okay." Randy said, waving a dismissive hand.

Bdubs started to search the drawers for a rag and got it damp, dusting the clock off.

"So what grade are you doing into?" Randy asked.

"Uh- I'm starting high school in early August." Bdubs said, delicately wiping off the clock.

"Oh! Etho is as well. What school?"

"Maple Hills High School." Bdubs said.

"That's great! Etho is as well, maybe you two could be friends." Randy said, smiling at his son who was texting someone on his phone.

Randy's smile faded as he sighed.

"Etho," He said, "You're on that phone to much. Who're you texting anyway?"

Etho didn't respond and his father sighed again.

Randy peeked over his son's shoulder and smirked.

"You're texting your girlfriend, hm?" He asked.

"She's not my girlfriend! She's just a close friend."

"Well, she seems to have taken quite a liking to you." Randy smiled before snatching Etho's phone and putting it in his pocket.

"Hey!" Etho shouted, trying to grab it, but his father didn't let him.

Bdubs tried his best not to giggle, but it was difficult, and one slipped out under his breath.

Etho shot him a look and Bdubs smiled jokingly.

Just then, Bdubs's father, Andrew, walked in and ruffled his son's hair.

"Hey Bdubs! Got a new customer, I see." He said, looking up at Randy and Etho.

"Hello! I'm Randy." Randy said, stretching out a hand.

"Andrew." Bdubs's father said, shaking Randy's hand.

"And this is my son, Etho! He's going to Maple Hills High School as well." Randy said, and Etho rolled his eyes.

Andrew nodded and at the clock that Bdubs was cleaning.

"Oof." He said, wincing a bit, "What happened here?"

"Fell off the wall and broke." Randy said and Andrew nodded, looking at the clock.

"Well this should be ready in a couple of weeks! I need your number though to call you when it's done."

Randy nodded and gave Bdubs's father his number.

Bdubs and Etho made eye contact and Etho nodded.

Bdubs giggled.

Guess this is the kid I might be hanging out with next year.