The Train (Emilié's POV)

I hate the games, but I also hate the Capitol. That's why I'm going to train these kids to win this. They will never be careers though. Never. I know I wouldn't normally be mentoring district 9 kids, I don't even come from that district. But, from now on, the victors can choose which district to mentor. We wanted to do it together, and well, I somehow ended up here. Anyways. I'm seated round a table with Caspar, Tomasž, and Kain, waiting for the tributes.
About ten minutes later, the door opens slowly. A tall boy walks in, his head held high, although he's obviously holding back tears. The other tributes follow him, and they stand in a row infront of us, shuffling their feet awkwardly. I decide to break the silence.
"Hey guys." As soon as I say it, I regret it. I sound like a complete and utter idiot. Caspar saves me.
"I'm not going to pretend. You know why your here. And it's our job to get you out that arena. And I promise you, we'll do our absolute best. Which one of you is which?"
The tall one steps forward.
"I'm Toby. I'm 14." Woah! I was not expecting that. He looks way older!
"I'm Mia. I'm 16. I can use a bow," She says honestly.
"Samuel." The next boy says bluntly, then turns away from us. He looks about 15, with dark hair, and his eyes flick around the room. He makes me feel uneasy.
"I'm Elaina." The girl says quietly. She is small, 12 and extremely skinny.
"Sanjay. I'm 13. " A boy steps warily toward us. He's small but stocky. With the right training...
"And this is my twin sister Imaan." He adds, as a wide pair of brown eyes come out from behind him.
"Okay." Says Caspar, who seems to be taking charge. You probably know who we are. This year there are training facilities on the train, however we have decided that we just want to watch you and assess your skills. Don't think we are judging you on this. I know how much I learned in the days of training I had at the tribute centre."
"So when do we start?" Sanjay says.
"Well for now," I say, "you can go back to your rooms. Watch the other reapings, see who you're up against. The games are obviously different this year, so bear in mind what the whole district is like, not just an individual."
As the kids leave, I realise I feel responsible for them. I want to get them home.