It Started With a Letter (Johnny Ringo x Holliday!Reader) 3/3

The next morning, the sun was out on a bed of fluffy clouds

      The next morning, the sun was out on a bed of fluffy clouds. A ribbon of its light broke through your curtains and tickled your nose. Awakened by the warm sensation, a big stretch was needed to rouse you from your slumber.

      While brushing your hair, the prattling of your guests could be heard through the floorboards. Though you couldn't hear what they were mumbling about, Doc didn't sound as sour as he did the night before. As you threw on some clothes, you heard your brother closing the front door, leaving you in peaceful silence.

      Once you emerged from your bedroom, you headed towards the kitchen for some breakfast. Kate was lounging in the front room, smoking near a window.

      "Good mornin'." You nodded as you scoured through the pantry for something to eat.

      "And to you." Kate replied, listlessly looking out the window, like a house cat.

      Finding it curious, you asked, "Say, where'd John head off to, so early?"

      "I don't know. He wouldn't say."

      "Oh. I hope he's still not upset from last night. Maybe we can talk when he gets home." You thought aloud. Maybe, you shouldn't have had such a temper with him. He was looking out for you, albeit in his own way, you concluded. When he got home, you planned to have a sit down and really talk to him. No fighting, no smart comebacks, just the truth. In the meantime, maybe some fresh air, away from the house would do him some good. You could use that time to gather your thoughts as well, and hopefully, all would end with understanding.

      After breakfast, you headed out to your garden and sat in the shade to think about what to say upon your brother's return. Amongst your succulents, you noticed a scorpion and a wasp clawing and biting at each other. Though it was in their nature to fight, you felt bad that fate had brought them together.

      Before you were able to figure who the victor was, the sprinting gallop of a horse pried your eyes away. One of your better customers from the Crystal Palace leaped off his horse and slammed into your gate, practically knocking it over.

      "Miss Holliday! Miss Holliday! You have to come quick!"

      You sharply got to your feet, "What's the matter?!"

      "It's your brother and Ringo! They're about ready to kill each other!"

——————

      Johnny Ringo was relieved to be back in town, the sun warmed his back and the gentle backdrop of people living their day to day life was music to his ears. He had returned to The Cowboy's camp the night prior, and had luckily found all its inhabitants long asleep in their tents. That morning, however, when Johnny arose from his slumber, just about every man in that camp had questions for him.

      "Where did ya take her?"

      "Did you two kiss?"

      "You took a bath before you took her, right?"