Johnny Ringo Dating Headcanons

✭  Woah there! Is that "The Deadliest Pistoleer" you got wrapped around your arm? Nice catch! So, what now?

Woah there! Is that "The Deadliest Pistoleer" you got wrapped around your arm? Nice catch! So, what now?

Well, for starters, as I have stated in the courting headcanons post, Johnny is more intellectually based than his companions. And therefore, I think he's also more of a traditional romantic.

He will go on his free time out into the wilderness and bring you back exotically beautiful flowers, either for you to find at your doorstep, or directly in the palm of your hand.

When he returns from his "jobs," rather than just showering you in any gaudy jewelry and clothing, I can see him finding what he thinks would be treasure in your eyes. Anything from books, to art pieces, music boxes, statuettes, even if you are into jewelry and clothing, he'd be on the lookout for things he'd think you'd love.

There's no such thing as awkward silence with Johnny. He's perfectly content with having nothing to say, so long as he gets to be with you.

He has lived a turbulent lifestyle for almost as long as he has remembered. You being in his life is an oasis from that part of him. While he has an unbreakable bond from Curly Bill and The Cowboys, in time, he finds restoration and revitalization in your relationship with him that is unfounded anywhere else.

Unlike with Curly Bill, I don't think that Johnny Ringo would want you to be a part of his criminal lifestyle. I think he has great appreciation for The Cowboys giving him a sense of belonging and family in a cruel world. But, upon finding you to be his better half, he'd rather keep the life he does know with The Cowboys, and the life he's now experiencing with you, to be uncorrupted and unmixed. He acts cruel and uncaring (such as when he shot the priest) because he believes that's how he should act in a world equally as unkind. However, we know he doesn't truly believe that when we see how badly he's hurt and angered when his fellow cowboys have been killed by the Earps, or when Wyatt kills Curly Bill. I believe that if someone (you) were to stand by him and provide him with the love in which he so desires, he would consider changing his worldview.

As stated before in the other post, one of his best qualities is listening. I'd like to imagine that, despite his persona of The Devil's Black Knight, he is willing to lend an ear to those closest to him. I'm willing to bet that he has many secrets from The Cowboys that he'd take to the grave. Yours would be no different.

One of his favorite activities with you would be to lay his head on your lap as you read whatever book you're into. To hear your voice and the turning of the pages, is to him, as fresh rainwater is to a withering saguaro.

Johnny Ringo doesn't have as much of a variety in pet names as Curly Bill does for his significant other, but he has a few tried and true names he'd reserve for someone special. Such names would include Sweetheart, Pandora (since you got a box of trouble, as he puts it), and Little Lamb.

Don't be too frustrated with him when he's troubled. Johnny Ringo has a difficult time expressing himself when he's deep in thought about things that worry or upset him. It takes a bit of work to get him to open up, not only because he doesn't wish to trouble you, but he just doesn't open up to anybody, really. Even in the film, the only time we ever see him express himself to the fullest is when he's drunk after the funeral of Billy Clanton and the McLaurys. For him to be tight-lipped with even you would be no surprise. If you keep at it, however, there will be a time where he'll be able to speak to you with what's on his mind freely. Just be calm and patient with him.

Among The Cowboys, is often harsh and cruel banter. And while Johnny wouldn't mind if you tagged along with him to interact with the rest of the gang, they would know full well to speak gently with you, especially in his presence. Should an ignorant wretch still express such disrespect, Johnny would not only match it, but also compliment it with a beating (if truly need be) out of your sight.

On a night where the moon is full and you both can see where you're walking, he will take you out to a nice secluded spot and slow dance with you. All the while music plays from a phonograph that he "found." Nothing much will be said, but there won't be much needed to say. He'd just love to get lost in your eyes, and hold you in his arms close, as you rest your head on his shoulder.

Now that Ringo sees that you're in the long haul with him, expect to see him be much more open to flirting and craving intimacy. It was never about placating himself on cheap thrills, truly, with you by his side now to mend his spirit, his amorous energy can be set free.

You will find that Johnny Ringo doesn't have a preference on whether you ride on his horse with him or riding alongside him with yours. It's all about the journey.

In fact, you may be surprised at how often Johnny goes along with things. With you, he doesn't really mind how things are done. He would just want the most enjoyable time possible with you.

He'll think it's mighty sweet of you to be willing to share a tent with him back at camp. But I think he'd much rather come home to you and your abode after a long day of criminal activity and whatever other shenanigans Curly Bill has Ringo up to.

Johnny loves laying down with you, running his hands through your hair as you pull yourself close to him. Just hearing you breathe lightly as you fall asleep is like music to his ears.

I'd like to imagine that Johnny Ringo is a bit of a night owl, not in that he sleeps all day, but rather he just doesn't need much sleep. So, on evenings where he doesn't sleep much, he'll ask you to join him on a walk or sit with him on the patio to listen to the crickets sing and to watch the fireflies dance around.

He keeps a journal, his only outlet for his unbridled thoughts, dreams, and occasional line of poetry. Because of his trust in you, he will find a time to finally share with someone his private expressions. I wonder what's inside?

In essence, what Johnny really wants in your relationship is to provide a security that he never got to enjoy. The Cowboys are as thick as thieves, but in the end, they are just that: thieves, murderers, and all around criminals. There's a certain level of trust and camaraderie with the brothers you make, but it can still be a continent away with the bond that can only be found with someone you love, and you provide that for him. That's something he's willing to sell his soul to the Devil for.