"But bhabhi not now. Does he not want me around. " Shutting me up by her hand on my mouth.

"Shhh listen, he said he had decided but he never said that he won't listen to you.. He's your baba, you know him the best. You should know that it is much more hard for him to have you leave him when you only came back now. He has not seen you for 3 years and you saw how he couldn't have his fill of seeing you. So don't ever think that it's because he doesn't want you around. And remove this nonsense from your head. You know it in this world your baba loves you the most. "

"So pari, you have to be strong. We don't know why but baba was very adamant in his decision, even Vinayak and Hridhaan couldn't persuade him. And you saw maa, she supported him. And moreover you're 25 now and you're not even dating anybody, maybe he got worried. "
"Bhabhi you can't joke at a time like this. "

"What? Even I and Nandini were married at this age. . Haina Nandini? "
"You're right bhabhi. " Nandini bhabhi said
"So just calm down first and then go talk to baba. Alright. Now go to sleep. "
She's right I'll talk to baba later, but I'm not that old, am I?

~Same evening

"Baba" Dad was sitting in his room when I decided to talk to him, so I just went there.

"Oh pari, come in, why are you standing outside like that. You know na you can come here anytime. "
"I know baba. Where's ma? "I said sitting beside him on the sofa in the room.

"She's with Nandini deciding about dinner. "
"I'm sorry for behaving like that in the morning. "

"Are na bache. It's my fault I should've thought from your point of view too. "

"But baba what's the hurry. I'm back now it's not like I'll run away that you want to tie me with marriage. "
"I know you won't run, but I'm getting old and I don't know when I'll di..." I didn't let him finish that. I can't. How can he say that.

"Are pari, ro mat bache. "
Hey pari, don't cry child.

"Who told you to talk shit like that. "
Realising my choice of words he laughed, the audacity of this man to laugh after saying something like this.

"Baba, it's not funny. "
"I know, but it's true pari. I'm almost 70 years old. "

Yup he is, I was the miracle child, he had me when he was 44 and maa was 36, but he's not old. I mean how can he be, he was our king till yesterday.
"So what? Don't forget you were still holding up a state up until yesterday. You're not gonna leave me this soon. "

"You said it pari, till tomorrow. See I can't anymore. Your baba is really tired. " And I saw it, the load all his work took on him, the grey hairs which stood even more today and most importantly his eyes, which were being burdened more and more. My baba was getting old. I knew it but not so soon. And the realization hurt.

"What should I do, baba? I don't wanna leave you guys so soon. "
"Everyone has to leave someday pari. And didn't you go to Harvard and then for work too. "

"But it was not like marriage baba. Then I knew I'll come back but marriage, it's permanent. "

" It is permanent but it's a relationship, commitment not some sort of bondage. It's not like you can't come to us. And moreover you'll be much near us than you were in the past 7 years. "

"But."
"Please pari, give it a chance. For me. "
"I don't know him baba. "

" I know. I know. I'll think of something. Believe me I won't send you into something I'm not sure of. So please trust me. "

"I trust you baba. "
" Is that a yes? "
"Umm hmm. "
"Thank you bache. "

" No need. We still have to see and decide. "
"Yes yes of course. "
"Then I'll leave. "
"Alright. Take care pari. "
"You too dad. "

Present time.

And two days later it was decided that I'll come to Jaipur for the project with Raghuvanshis or rather to meet my maybe-future-partner.
Along with hridhaan bhai and nandini bhabhi, leaving the management in the state to Vinayak bhai and ananya bhabhi.

The tension between vinayak bhai and baba was still there but it was less and overtime it would go away. I know it.

And so here I am in Jaipur, in our family house, with my maybe-would-be-husband on the other side of the hall. I did my research before coming here both on our project and him. But he was different than he was in the reports, I mean he looked good even in the pictures but in reality he was something else. How can a man look so good. So at least baba didn't select an ugly guy for me.

And in the career checkbox was ticked too as how can it not, he was the crown prince of Suratgarh for god's sake. He can't be dumb alright.
Urghh, I was getting irritated for no reason. Maa had told me that I should try but what, maa you should've given me a manual.
Forget it, it's not like it's the end of the world. I still have 3 weeks till the engagement, let's see if him and I can get somewhere. If not, baba had said, ' If you're still not ready then we'll just leave it. '
So yeah no pressure.
Good night pari.