Chapter 7

Percy POV

"Then what are we waiting for?" Questioned Apollo

A hole in the roof opened up as the receptionist pressed a button for us.  Waved goodbye to her as Alex and Apollo rushed to the Mach-1.

"Hey Blackjack."

"Yo Boss."

"Can you sense any doughnuts?"

"I'm not 100 percent sure, however I've got a feeling that they are North." Blackjack replied

He proceeded to take us South. Alex and Apollo pulled up in his Mach-1 and they pulled up next to us.

"Hey Percy, where are you going?"

"I'm getting Blackjack his Bacon Maple Bars."

"Alex, did you catch any of that?" Apollo not so subtly whispered to Alex

"I can still hear you you dorks!" I shouted

"Come on Percy, you were supposed to follow along with the joke." Alex complained

We continued to banter until Blackjack finnialy found a Dunkin Doughnuts.

At this point in time it was about four fourty five in the morning. Blackjack brought us down in the parking lot. Thankfully the sign said it was 24 hour operating Dunkin Doughnuts. Hopefully we would be able to get in uninterrupted.

"Blackjack wait here," I said

"Boss, I want to go inside"

"When in a million years would you fit through those doors?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Fine," Blackjack admitted in defeat.

I could hear as I walked into the store that Blackjack had most likely left the ground to go talk to Alex on the sun chariot.

"Welcome to Dunkin Doughnuts, what can I get for you today sir?" Asked the cashier.

"Uhhmm, can I get like six dozen bacon maple bars please?"

"Yeah no problem... If you don't mind, why do you want so many bacon maple bars?"

"Ahh, well you know. It's my friend's and wedding today and he loves bacon maple bars. I decided I'd get him a few dozen before all of the stores were all sold out of them." I replied

"Makes sense. I've done some things like that before with my friend's. Good luck man."

"Thanks." Is all I said.

"Alright, your total comes out to thirty eight bucks even."

"Twenty, twenty. Fourty" I was whispering

"I could get you two bucks in change if you want man."

"No thanks, you can keep the change." I replied

"Thanks buddy." He smiled and waved as I took my doughnuts and left the store.

I whistled up to Blackjack, "Hey Blackjack."

"Yo Boss."

"I got you some doughnuts."

"Bacon maple bars?" He asked

"Of course."

I opened the first box of doughnuts annd before I was even to touching the second box Blackjack had scarfed down all dozen. "Mph, ghh," was coming from Blackjack. I had to hold blackjack down as I opened the rest of the boxes. I waved down Apollo and Alex.

"What's up man?" Alex inquired

"Where are we going to race to?" I asked

"What do you think Apollo?"

"You know Alex and Percy. I think we should race from Portland, Oregon to Portland, North Dakota. When in North Dakota we should take a quick pit stop. Then our next leg should be from Portland, North Dakota to Portland, Maine. The first team to reach Portland, Maine wins."

"That sounds good Apollo." I responded

"I'm down with that." Alex followed up.

"In Portland, lets start at the St. John's bridge. As soon as the sun rises above the hill we start." Apollo continued.

We ironed out the last of the rules for the race. As we toed the start line. Then there it was.

Ready.

Set.

And.

A/N

Ready Set And Cliffhanger. Pretty much a filler chapter

Word Count: 606
Character Count: 3263