Chapter 3

A/N Catalyn Here, last chapter was really short, so this one will be a bit longer, but as I said in the last chapter I would be splitting up what would've been chapter 2 into a few separate chapters. Last chapter was the shortest of the chapters that I split it into. And based on my estimates from what my plot would've been, it would've been about 6.5k words. Also I recommend following me to stay up to date on when I post as well as voting for the chapters to make the book more well known in the
community.

Percy POV

"Alright Dad, Alex and I are going on a road trip."

"Sounds good Percy. Just don't do anything stupid." Dad replied

"I make no promises."

Dad sighed at what I said. "I'll see you later then." Dad responded

I walked back into the cafe, and saw Hes giving Alex his muffin, after she gave me mine. "Thanks Hes," Alex and I said at the same time. We both looked at each other then laughed. Hes even cracked a bit of a smile.

Alex and I then ate our muffins in a comfortable silence. Once we finished I paid and thanked Hes. We walked out of the building and started walking down the sidewalk. "Alex, we need to go back to the water," I said

"Alright. What's there?" Alex asked

"Normally when I go on a quest I bring my lotus card, however on the last quest I didn't bring it. So I didn't bring it on this quest either. I had Dad teleport it over here."

Alex nodded, then asked, "Wait. Why do you need the lotus card?"

"We're getting a car," I replied

"What are we going to get a car for?" Alex asked

"We're going on a road trip." I state matter of factually

Alex nodded, and we walked off to the river in silence. We were looking cautiously around. You know, as a demigod you need to be ready for an attack at any moment. Every time I let my guard down there was almost certenialy an attack. I didn't want to jinx it. We finally arrived to the river. I looked out and saw an orange boey with white stripes. On the boey was a box. I assumed in the box was where my lotus card was.

I willed the currents to bring the boey over to us. The boey landed on shore, and I walked over to it. I opened the lid of the box, and sure enough my lotus card was sitting on top of a note. I opened the note and read it, "Dear Percy, I guess that because you found Alex I should give you one of Tyson's watches. The one that Alex will have will be just like yours, however the metal is an alloy of Olympian silver, and Celestial bronze. It is slightly weaker than your armour, but not by much. Also, Tyson asked me to tell you to stop by Atlantis next time you're in the area. Love Dad."

Underneath the letter was Alex's watch. I handed him the watch and explained to him what all of the buttons do. After I finished 'teaching' him about the watch we started walking towards a car dealership.

A/N Dun dun dunnnnnn!! Chapter 3 is finished. And its 600 words??? Yes, you heard me right, 600 words, short but still makes sense. The real reason its 600 words is because chapter 4 would make no sense if I decided to add another thousand words to chapter 3. So 600 words it is. If the book gets 500-1000 reads by September, I will make a book describing my thought process and how each book and chapter is made.