Chapter 2

A/N This chapter hopefully will be longer than 3k words. However, when I was making the plot this chapter was the longest of the first ten, so I might split it up into three 2.5k word chapters. I don't really want my chapters to exceed 4k words each, but you never know, the chapters might progressively get longer as the story goes along. Also, If you find any errors with the chapter, can you please leave a comment on the paragraph, and in order to notice it can you post the format of the comment as (Catalyn, *Then address error*)

"Wait," Alex's words rung in my ears almost like they were flowing water, an ever present sound, while not really getting processed.

"Wait what?" I asked

"You're my brother?" He asked hollowly. I nodded. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here because our dad sent me to go get you and bring you back to Olympus." I replied.

"Should I get my stuff or are we going to wait around here?"

"You should get your stuff but we are going to go look around the city for a cousin," I answered. He nodded and motioned for me to come inside.

"Here is my humble abode," Alex stated, giving a sweeping hand motion all across the inside of the hut. I nodded and looked around. There was a weapon rack. On the rack there was a spear and trident. The spear was made of celestial bronze, and the trident was made of a metal that I didn't recognize. The metal was bluish and sea greenish.

Alex had a black backpack that he put his clothes and shoes in. He then walked over to the weapon rack and grabbed the spear, there was a button on the side that I couldn't see, Alex pressed the button and the spear shrank down to a bike grip sized Handle with a button on the side, presumably what made the spear grow up to it's full size.

"Percy," Alex said

"Yeah?" I replied

"Do you know what we're going to do after this?" Alex asked

"We might go to camp," I said

"Camp?"

"It's the place where Greek demigods go to live, no monsters can get in. Most Greek demigods live there, however some live at Camp Jupiter which is the camp for Roman demigods, Camp Jupiter also has new Rome, which is like a normal city, except it is for mythical beings and demigods." I responded while he finished packing his bag.

"Which do you go to?" Alex asked

"I go to both, but I mainly Camp-Half Blood"

"I guess I will just go with you then."
.
"Alright"

Alex and I swam out of his hut and past the mermen who were loosely surrounding the compound. We then surfaced near an apartment complex that was right on the river. To the right of the apartment complex there was a large park that had good ljkjcover, so we wouldn't be spotted geting out of the water.

I crawled on to the bank and Mede sure the coast was clear. I motioned for Alex to come up. He crawled up the bank similar to how I did. We walked out of the park, and I was going to go to the hunters camp to seek help for getting back to Olympus, but then I remembered what Artemis said about me having to get back on my own.

I couldn't think clearly so I decided we needed to go to a cafe I was also hungry, "Alex"

"Yeah?"

"We're going to find a cafe to go get some food," I replied, "I also need to clear my head, and think of a way to get out of Portland."

"Alright. There is a cafe downtown that my mom and I used to go to before...." Alex trailed off

"Lead the way bro," I replied. I also saw him smile at the nickname I gave him.

"Alright, It was down a couple of blocks, so we better get moving." Alex said. I nodded

"Let's go," I replied. Then waited a few moments, "So uh Alex you don't have to talk about it if you don't what to, but what happened to your mom?"

"Oh no, I'm perfectly fine talking about it, but it happened when I was 6, and we were in our apartment and there was a knock at the door, and I was in the kitchen and I looked through the peephole, there was a man who was in an all black suit. He had sunglasses on and another person next to him." At this point Alex paused, and looked deep in thought for a few seconds, before he continued, "I told my mom and she walked over to the door, and opened it, before I knew it the man and broken her wrist, and had her in his grasp, he started to move to the sliding glass balcony, but he walked through the door my mom first. He threw her over the railing on the balcony, and before I could react my mom was gone."

I looked at Alex with pity, he lost his mom to a man he didn't know then got trained by mermen. "Is this the cafe?" I asked as we reached a cafe with a brick facade and Glass windows. He nodded, and we walked in. Immediately when we walked in my senses were being overloaded with the smell of freshly baked goods and warm light coming from dimmed small spotlights on the ceiling. Saw a sign that said to seat yourself.

"Percy, we should sit at the breakfast bar," Alex said. I nodded, and motioned for for him to start. He led us to the two seats on the corner, and we sat down. I assumed he and his mom used to sit here when they went to the cafe.

The lady behind the counter introduced herself as Hestia, but she said the we could call her 'Hes.' I ordered a lemon scone, and blueberry muffin. However before Hes put the order in, she told me that the bakery had lemon and marionberry muffins, I asked what marionberry is, and she just replied, "The best berry you'll ever have."

I couldn't say no to "The best berry I'll ever have." So the best answer and most obvious is yes. She nodded and placed my order. I thanked her and and she moved on to Alex.

"Alex, what can I get for you?" Hes asked. I was shocked at the fact that she new his name, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. Alex lives here and must come here often.

"I'll have my usual," He replied winking. She nodded and placed his order.

"So, boys, normally the muffins would be ready, but they're the most popular item on the menu, so we are making a new batch. You boys will get to experience the delicacy of a fresh lemon and marionberry muffin." We both nodded eagerly, and I leaned over and whispered in Alex's ear, that I was going to Iris message Dad, he nodded, and I took a drachma out of my pocket.

Once I was outside I found a fountain, in the park we walked out of. There was a slight breeze creating mist, which in turn created a rainbow. And I know what you're thinking, "How do you know so much?" Well to that my only answer is that Annabeth is a good teacher.

Timeskip 2 minutes

"Alright Dad, Alex and I are going to go on a road trip."

A/N A bit of a cliffhanger. I hope I don't anger anyone too much with that. Anyways, if you want to read farther into the book, I recommend following me so you can tell when updates come out, and if you want the book to be more well know in the PJO/HOO fan fiction community is suggest voting for the chapters in order to make the book more well known.

Thanks
-Catalyn