The accident

Universe: Sonic Boom

Amy Rose Age: 19

Sonic The Hedgehog Age: 21

Miles 'Tails' Prower Age: 15

Knuckles The Echidna: 22

Sticks The Badger: 17

Word Count: 1,035

"Do you think he will be okay?"

Amy looked at Sonic, as tears dropped from his eyes. She knew what he wanted to hear, yet she could not bring herself to lie to him. So she said nothing, instead she embraced him into a hug hoping it would be enough for now.

Sonic cried. 

This was not how it was supposed to be. Sonic should have been the one almost dying, not him. Sonic should be the one to make the sacrifices, not him. Not Tails, NEVER Tails. Yet it had been Tails. It had been Tails who made a sacrifice. It had been Tails who was rushed to the hospital in an emergency.

Earlier that day Eggman had sent out an explosion, one that was going to hit innocent kids. Sonic should have rushed to save them, he would have. Except he couldn't, he was trapped. Tails could, and he did. He saved the kids, but he couldn't save himself. Sonic witness it all. He turned dark and defeated Eggman in a matter of seconds. Not caring for the damage he did to his surroundings nor Eggman. He only cared about rushing his little brother to the hospital, making sure that he lived.

A doctor came out of the room Tails was in. Sonic and Amy stood up waiting for her to speak. 

"He is not in the best condition, he will need surgery. The surgery h-"

"Do it. If it means he will be okay do it"

"If the surgery takes place, he only has a 50% chance of surviving it"

Silence.

Neither Amy nor Sonic knew what to say. 

"I- Wh-"

Sonic couldn't let out any words, he looked at the doctor and then back at Amy. 

"I can't do this, you decide"

With that, he stormed out of the room.

Hours had passed by. Sonic found himself wrapped in a blanket laying on a bed. He didn't know what had happened, he didn't want to know. He couldn't bear the thought of his buddy being in pain, let alone dying. All of a sudden the door to the room opened. The lights were turned on.

"Sonic"

He didn't face her. He didn't move a muscle. Just kept his eyes closed as tears ran out of them.

"I said yes to the surgery"

Sonic came out of the wrapped blanket he had dug himself into and faced Amy.

"What?"

Amy sat on the bed next to him. She signal for him to lay on her lap and he did. He rested his head on her lap, as she stroked his quills in silence.

"Even if I said no, his chances would have remained the same, or even worse."

Sonic didn't say anything. He tried to just let himself relax as her hands caressed his quills. 

"I'm sorry for walking out like that"

"It's okay, I know it was hard for you"

"yeah..."

Sonic opened his eyes and looked at her. She gave him a small smile and kissed his forehead. 

"I'm also sorry for breaking into your house and laying in your bed"

"I'm not even surprised anymore"

Amy let out a small chuckle, Sonic smiled softly. Sonic raised his head from her lap, he sat down straight facing her. They stared at each other for a moment. 

"I just want to forget for while... Ames... I want to feel better"

Amy nodded slowly at his comment before leaning in and kissing him.

Sonic quickly kissed back. The events of the day had left him anxious, he felt like he needed sort of relief. 

Amy pushed Sonic down to the bed and climbed on top of him, refusing to stop the kissing. Both of their hearts beating faster as they felt excitement. Amy moved her hips up and down the lower part of his body. Sonic was out and hard. Amy made her way down him, kissing every part of his body as she did. All till she finally got her face in what was between his legs. 

The room was filled with loud noises, Sonic was releasing his stress.

...

"He is okay, the surgery went well"

They all exhaled in relief, Tail's was going to be okay. Amy looked at Sonic, she saw him smile, as tears of joy fell onto his cheeks. Knuckles patted him on the back and Sticks hugged Amy.

...

"I'm sorry"

Sonic was sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed Tail's was in. Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks had left the room to give them some privacy to talk. Tail's looked over at Sonic confused.

"Why are you sorry?"

Sonic gulped and took a deep breath, he was trying to hold the tears back as much as he could. He didn't want his little brother to worry about him. 

"For this, for not  being fast enough to save those people, for not being fast enough to save... you."

"Sonic, you once told me that we all get a chance to be someone's hero. I became a hero for them, just like you always become a hero for me. You don't have to be sorry, we are a team." 

Sonic smiled at Tails. Of course, Tails didn't blame him. Tails tried his best to move towards Sonic to hug him but failed at the attempt seeing that he just got out of surgery and was in pain. Sonic saw this and stood from his chair to hug him.

...

"Thank you"

Amy looked up from her book and stared at Sonic for a moment. Two days had passed since the incident. Tails was still in the hospital. It was currently 9:03 pm. Sonic was over at Amy's place, Amy was currently laying on the couch with her legs on Sonic's lap.

"Thank you? For what?"

Sonic blushed in embarrassment as he thought about the events that had happened.

"For being there for me, you know... to help me"

Amy blushed and chuckled at him.

"Anytime" she said in a playful seductive voice.

They both laughed. Everything would be alright.