It Hurts

Sonic X
Future
Amy, Age: 17
Sonic, Age: 20

------------------------------------------------------------

"I hate you"

Flashback

Sonic was sound asleep on a tree branch. He frequently slept outside, so this wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Then out of the blue, he received a call from an unknown number. Sonic suddenly woke up, normally he would ignore it and keep sleeping but it was 2:23 in the morning and that was unusual so he might as well respond.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is this Sonic the hedgehog?"

"uh, yes who is this?"

"It doesn't matter, anyhow come get your little girlfriend; she got extremely drunk and smashed my table, so I had to toss her out. She is outside alone and drunk, but I decided to reach out to you because I'm not a monster."

Little girlfriend? Who was he talking about? All of a sudden he heard a crash through the phone call.

"Crap! That pink hedgehog just threw a brick through the window! Listen man if you don't want your girlfriend to get the cops called on her you better pick her up!"

Did he just say pink hedgehog? 

oh no.

End of flashback

And that's how Sonic ended up here. Standing in front of a drunk pink hedgehog who just told him that she hated him.

Sonic looked at Amy, tears started to form in his eyes. How could she say that to him? How could she be so cruel?

"Ames..."

Sonic took a deep breath. She was drunk and just splattering words. She didn't mean it or at least that's what he told himself. Sonic grabbed her arms and pulled her up from the floor. They were still sitting outside the bar's sidewalk.

"No!" Amy protested. "Do not touch me!"

Sonic let her go and took another deep breath, she was drunk.

"Ames im just trying to take you home, okay?"

"No! Not okay! I don't wanna go home with you! I hate you!"

"Stop!" 

She's drunk.

Sonic took a final deep breath before grabbing and lifting her over his shoulders.

"Ah! Let me go! You suck!"

This was going to be a long night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonic took her to her house. He opened the door and went in. He took her to her bedroom and placed her down on her bed. Amy cried the entire way there. Once she was placed on the bed she sat straight and wiped the tears from her eyes before turning her head toward him to glare at him. Sonic just stared at the floor.

"Get some sleep Ames"

"I hate you"

Sonic looked at her. 'She's drunk'.

"No, you don't"

"Yes I do"

"n-"

"You're mean to me"

What? When has Sonic ever been mean to her? Was it when he would run away from her? No? That was years ago. What was she talking about?

"You don't listen to me. I try to talk to you seriously and you run. You make mean jokes about things I care about and you didn't even care about where I was tonight. Didn't even text me all week. 

"If that was all true I wouldn't be here right now"

"See this is what I'm talking about! You are not even listening to wI'mt im saying, getting so defensive so fast! You're so mean and you don't even realize it, I hate you!"

Amy cried. She hugged her knees as she laid her head on top of them, all curled up in a ball.

"But the thing I hate the most... is that no matter what I still love you, and it's killing me"

A tear rolled down Sonic's cheek. Is this how she really felt? She's drunk but, she had real feelings. Sonic knew that talking to her about it now would be useless, she probably wouldn't remember anything in the morning. He laid her body all the way down. He then placed a blanket on top of her before going to the other side of the bed and laying by her side.

"Go to sleep Ames, we will talk about it in the morning"

She slept, and so did he.