The Song Part 1

Sonic Boom Universe

"You can't be serious"

"Oh but I am"

Sonic had just finished packing up his suitcase. Last month he had gotten an invitation to go to the Coachella Music Festival as a special guest, he had never even heard about the festival but he wasn't going to deny the invitation.

"I can't believe you're taking Amy and not me" 

Tails pouted as he crossed his arm and looked to the side, throwing a little fit like a 4-year-old.

"I'm sorry, you know you're my best bud, but she... well I thought she was gonna kill me if I didn't"

"that's true"

-FLASHBACK-

"YOU'RE WHAT!?" 

Amy had dropped everything she was holding and ran up to Sonic, she took the invitation card from his hand and read it. Sonic was shaken, he had seen her get crazy excited before but it's been a while since she had jumped on him like that.

"OMG OMG OMG OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT"

"Ames calm down it's just a stupid festival"

"JUST A STUPID FESTIVAL?!"

Amy looked at him in horror, she could not believe what she had just heard. 

"It is more than just a festival, it is THE festival! Ah! This is so cool! I've always wanted to go but it's so expensive"

She sighed and gave the card back to Sonic. She went back to pick up everything she had dropped earlier. Sonic read the card once more, 'Allowed to bring one guest.' He smiled and looked at Amy to which she responded with a confused look.

"Do you wanna go with me?"

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"So you got everything?"

Tails asked as Sonic threw his suitcase in the van.

"Yep just missing A-"

"I'M HERE"

A pink hedgehog had appeared holding a small purse in her hand, she walked towards them with a smile on her face, she really was excited about this.

"uh, thats all your gonna take?" the blue hedgehog asked in surprise. He was expecting her to bring her entire house.

"hm? oh no Knuckles is bringing the rest, HURRY" she screamed at the red echidna that was walking towards them. He was holding two bookbags and was rolling 3 suitcases.

"um, Ames you know we're only gonna be there for 3 days right?"

"yeah, thats why I didn't over pack"

Tails and Sonic looked at each other and then back at her.

"right" Sonic stated

After they had gotten their stuff inside the van, they got in and waved their goodbyes. Sonic decided to drive first since he wanted to get there fast and he knew Amy would never break the rules and speed. 'She can be such a goodie goodie.

"So how long till we get there?"

"about 17 hours"

"wow, that's a lot of car"

"yep"

They both got kinda silent after that, most of the ride was just them listening to toons. It wasn't uncomfortable, instead, it was nice. Sonic had never thought that driving 17 hours in a van with Amy would be nice, instead, he imagined that it be a pain to be with her for that long. Not that he didn't like her or anything, it was the opposite Amy was a good friend to Sonic, and he cared for her a lot, it was more like the fact that she could be bossy at times, and because of that they got into a lot of arguments.