PRESENCE FROM THE PAST

Sonic Boom Universe

“Do you still love me?”

The windswept through both of the hedgehog’s quills. They sat at the edge of a cliff, looking at the scenery. The sun was slowly going down, leaving a beautiful sunset. Amy looked down at her lap as she thought about how to answer Sonic’s question. She had loved him in the past openly, her heart would always be on her sleeve where everyone could see it. It was no secret she loved him. However, as she grew older, she got more mature and disguised her feelings. Until now, the blue hedgehog wasn’t sure how she felt.

Previously, Tail's recent machine had inadvertently revealed how she felt.

He realized it was a bit bluff to assume how she felt, especially because the robot was shut down before it could finish the whole sentence, but he knew. How could he not know what it was about to say, of course, he didn’t want to assume how she felt. He didn’t want to come off as an egomaniac, yet he couldn’t help but ask her.

Finally, Amy sighed and looked at him, he turned around to face her as well to see what she had to say.

“Of course, I still love you, how could I not?”

His heart skipped a beat, his cheeks started to feel warm as they began to turn red. It wasn’t like she never told him she loved him before, but this was different. It was more serious and mature. He couldn’t stop himself from doing what he did next.

He reached up to her face and cupped it with his hand pulling her face closer to his. The next thing they both knew their lips were touching. It wasn't only surprising that he had kissed her, but it was also astonishing that she returned the kiss. They pulled away after what seemed like forever. Amy looked at him shocked before quickly looking away. Her cheeks were as red as knuckles.

“So- “

But before Amy could finish her sentence, Sonic had bolted off as quickly as he could, leaving her alone at the edge of a cliff. Amy sighed, knowing this would have happened. He’d run away from her, again. It was what he always did. She stood up and gazed at the sunset that was ready to fade away, holding her breath and trying not to cry, but she couldn’t stop herself from shedding a tear. She quickly wiped it away and began walking back to her house before it would become too dark.

Before Amy could take at least three steps, she heard a quick whoosh. She looked up in front of her to see Sonic, holding a rose in his hand. He motioned for her to take it, which she did.

“Sonic, what are you-“

“I love you two”

Amy felt a kiss on her cheek and quickly heard another whoosh. Sonic had vanished once more, but this time he had left a letter.

‘Meet me on the plaza at sundown tomorrow <3’.

Amy grinned as she held the letter near her chest where the rose was. She giggled in excitement before heading back to her house. Tomorrow was going to be a new start.