I'll miss her, even though she isn't even really gone

This story is inspired by a lyric from the song  Blue Hair - TV Girl (It's the video above!)

Sonic Universe: IDW Comics

Semi- against 

ENJOY!

Word count: 573

------------------------------------------------------------

'Amy Rose.

Amy Rose... 

How do I even begin to explain who Amy Rose is to me? 

When I first met Amy she was kind of strange. She had a lot of energy but she was also sort of calm and shy. She didn't know what a high-five was or how to clap her hands in a way that didn't look like she was at an important Oprah event, and she never screamed at anyone. But, as time went on, she changed. Mostly in a good way of course. She was more outgoing, she was stronger, she knew what a high-five was and of course, she screamed... mostly at me for ditching her.

Most importantly, she loved me. She never hid it. She would hug me, and give me thousands of kisses no matter how much I protested. She would wear her heart on her sleeve. Then one day, she changed.

She grew. She would go on solo missions, she wouldn't chase me anymore. She stopped hugging me so tight. It was like she didn't care about me anymore, which I know sounds stupid. She was just growing up, it didn't mean that she didn't care about me. She cared she just wasn't as aggressive, and that's good.

But... why does it hurt so much?

I miss her.

I miss when she chased me and wouldn't leave me one, I miss her tight hugs that wouldn't let me breathe, I miss her kisses, I miss her telling me from the bottom of her heart how much she loved me.'

...

Sonic stared silently at the notebook he had just been writing on. Did he really just write all of that?

Earlier that day he had run into Amy. He had told her that he was feeling weird about a certain person but didn't know how to describe it. She suggested to him that he should write down about what that person means to him, she said it always helped resolve her problems.

That's how he ended up here. Writing down in a notebook about what Amy meant to him. Which resulted in it being much easier than he thought.

Sonic's shaky hand raised up to his face. He felt the tears come out of his eyes. 

"I'm so dumb... I've been in denial for so long that I've convinced myself of my own lies."

Sonic took the pen once more and wrote down his final two sentences.

'I think-'

"No scratch that"

He erased what he wrote. He took a deep breath and wrote once more. 

'I don't think, I know that am in love with Amy Rose, but I've realized it late. I guess I'll just miss her, even though she isn't even really gone, things are just different.'

...

"Sonic?"

Sonic looked towards the door to see Amy standing there. She had a worried expression on her face which made sense, I mean she had just walked into a room to see Sonic crying while staring at a notebook.

"Are you okay?" 

Sonic wiped his tears and sat down straight, he closed the notebook and looked back at her.

"Yeah I'm okay, just writing"

"Did you manage to resolve your feelings?"

Sonic smiled at her and grabbed the notebook. He stood up from the chair and walked up to her. He grabbed her hands placing the notebook on top of them.

"Yes, I did. Thank you."