Happy Birthday

Universe Sonic Boom
Amy: 15
Sonic: 17-18

10:25 pm

Sonic found himself staring at a black screen. He's been that way for the last 25 minutes. In an hour or two it would be his 18 birthday.

He couldn't believe that he would be 18. How could he be 18? Turning 18 is just a pathway to being a young adult, young adult is just a step away from being an old adult, and being an old adult... well you're just old.

Sonic sighed as his thoughts took hold of him, how dreadful it all sounded. He was gonna be all alone and ancient.

"Wow"

Sonic jumped at the sound of Amy's voice, he looked over to the back where there was a slide glass door to see her standing there, inside the house.

"you're not even 18 yet, somehow you don't know how to turn on a TV, you're getting old"

Sonic stared at her as she walked up to him, mocking the fact that he had been staring at the TV for the last 25 minutes.

"Haha, very not funny"

Amy laughed and sat down next to him on the couch. She was holding a little blue gift bag that had dark blue paper ruffles coming out of it.

"Shut up or you won't get your present grandpa"

Sonic growled as he heard her say grandpa, but ignored it, he wanted his present.

"Just give me my present"

"Who said this was for you?"

Amy giggled as Sonic glared at her. Over the years they have obtained deep trust and bonding, which leads to a lot of sarcastic humor between them.

Amy grabbed Sonic's hand and placed the gift on top of it.

"From me to you" she smiled.

Sonic chuckled at her little gesture. He held the bag and dragged it back to him gripping Amy's hand with his other hand pulling her closer.

"Thank you" he whispered, which made her cheeks and ears go red.

"y-you're welcome"

------------------------------------------------------------

A whole hour had passed by, Amy and Sonic were still sitting on the couch, talking about life and making jokes about knuckle's new haircut.

"I still can't believe he shaved his head like that, I mean a little more and he could have been bald like egghead"

Sonic laughed hard at his comment, and Amy giggled alongside him.

"I know"

Amy giggled once more, before looking at the clock that hung on the wall.

11: 27pm

She sighed as she saw how late it was. She didn't want to leave, it was rare for her to have these moments with Sonic. Just him and her, sitting closely and cracking up. As much as it pained her, she had to get going.

"It's late"

Sonic stopped laughing and looked at her, her eyes were looking at the clock that hung behind him. He looked back at it and saw the time.

11:28 pm

Oh. Sonic usually would let her leave, but today was different. They were having a good time, plus in just a few minutes would be his birthday.

"or..."

Amy looked at him, as he grabbed her hand and pulled it close to him.

"You could stay? At least till midnight? I mean that way you could be the first to wish me happy birthday"